PDA

View Full Version : The dwarven shopkeeper and a drakish assasin

riktikticheck
03-31-2008, 03:41 PM
well as the story goes i has used teleportation trap to get to the dwarven mystic for the runic axe, but because the town was on dudngeon level 10 didn't know where to put a trap so it would be a teleportation one (didn't feel like counting), so placed a trap at a random location, and after that calculated where teleportation trap would be, the first trap was a spear trap, so next to it was teleportation. I can't disarm traps, so the spear trap stayed there.

next time i come to town - i was lvl 14 at the time - i suddenly notice a horde of muscular dwarves and the shopkeeper attacking me... the thrown coins put me at about 27 life....so i do coward, run to the teleport as it is closer and teleport to the up stairs, as i had a matching altar in that level. as i am certain the city is now hostile i decide to offer the golden gladius to my god so i have some healing awailable (wich i regretted after)

so i proceed in killing some muskular dwarves by doing down to the city and then taking 1-3 of then up the stairs to limit the damage. they die easier than i thought - i did have some pretty deacent stuff, including a crystal medium shield +12, +4 the runic axe and some general deacent magic stuff - also because the shopkeeper and the dwarves headed after me when i went for the teleport when i come down for the first time rested i see none around and go to the shop. i have the apropriate key and break in and theat the artifact robes in there at work now, can't remember the name, but +2, +8 and +5 to with resists.

then i get the shop keeper with me to the upper level, at the time i had DV about 55 and PV about 30 with +30 or so to hit and 3d6+20 damage. the fight took long, and i prayed for life 3 or 4 times, but he went down!!! There was an unintended side effect to this - i leveled from 14 to 17 (60k short of 18 even) from that kill!! and so the pyramid was done for :D

the shopkeepers stats from monster memory:
DV 11, PV 10, 703 HP, 3-6 attacks with 23-99 damage (36 average), speed 149-152, and gave 207903 experience !!!!!

after that i go down and get the rest of the muscular dwarves too, and turns out nobody else was hostile, so wasted the golden gladius - tho i did need the piety for the prayers so go figure. and also now i have a good place to keep my items, i just stash them in the shop and lock it :D:D

so now lvl 19 i think still kicking :D

staff

Travis Prue
03-31-2008, 08:08 PM
hehehe awesome :D

theotherhiveking
03-31-2008, 08:21 PM
I M P R E S S I V E

Epythic
04-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I M P R E S I V E

"Impressive" is written with two 'S' :P

theotherhiveking
04-05-2008, 11:55 AM
"Impressive" is written with two 'S' :P

Thats the bad side of shouting in that way..... Firefox's spell checker doesn't work...