PDA

View Full Version : "terinyo massacre" challenge game

ragface
08-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Go straight to terinyo and murder everyone:
rules: discuss..

Silfir
08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Enter Terinyo. Don't leave until everyone is dead.

There is reason for more rules?

Ascaron
08-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Would be possible with a good wizard.

I recall someone saying it's possible to get the shopkeeper to kill the druid, which would remove your biggest worry. Then its just a matter of bolting everyone to death.

ragface
08-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Enter Terinyo. Don't leave until everyone is dead.

There is reason for more rules?

I don't see any reason yet, but if someone comes up with a ridiculous game breaker then there would be a reason..

Silfir
08-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Well, someone could start neutral, piety overflow on the magical island and get crowned... If the created monsters can then reliably be killed with Magic Missiles that should net levels, WITHOUT angering Guth'Alak. So if you want to forbid piety overflow...

meh
08-14-2009, 11:07 AM
http://www.adom.de/forums/showpost.php?p=23725&postcount=360

I wonder which classes this challenge is possible with. I don't see how a beastfighter for instance could complete it.

vogonpoet
08-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Its pretty damn easy with a human archer, just don't rush things. Personally, I have never succeeded with a non-archer.

Kato
08-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, someone could start neutral, piety overflow on the magical island and get crowned... If the created monsters can then reliably be killed with Magic Missiles that should net levels, WITHOUT angering Guth'Alak. So if you want to forbid piety overflow...
Piety overflow on the magical island? What are you talking about?

yisk
08-14-2009, 01:27 PM
How to kill a shopkeeper with unexperieced character? I think it's unreal.

yisk
08-14-2009, 01:38 PM
lol. using the central island looks like cheat p:

Anonyone
08-14-2009, 10:19 PM
I recall gut making a demo of how to kill the shopkeeper at level 1 with an archer. The shopkeeper often kills the druid before he dies too, so with those two out of the way I'd imagine an archer could do this challenge pretty easily.

On an unrelated note, what is piety overflow?

JellySlayer
08-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Piety overflow is essentially an integer overflow error--an error where your piety can go so far into the negative numbers that the computer starts interpreting it as positive. At that point, you have the maximum possible piety, and can exploit your gift for numerous precrowns, prayers etc. You need to pray approximately 1000 times to achieve this effect, and need a means to deal with your diety being severely pissed off at you for quite some time (notably, you need a way to deal with cursing, dooming, inventory destruction, bolts of holy matter, and massive summonings).

This tactic is considered extremely scummy by most players.

Jack the Ripper
08-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Piety overflow is essentially an integer overflow error--an error where your piety can go so far into the negative numbers that the computer starts interpreting it as positive.
This tactic is considered extremely scummy by most players.

The same thing can happen with gold, only the other way around, if you over-abused dragon-doubling. 2 billion gp become -2 billinon gp. And i think it can happen with piety as well, if you sacrifice too much

JellySlayer
08-14-2009, 11:06 PM
The same thing can happen with gold, only the other way around, if you over-abused dragon-doubling. 2 billion gp become -2 billinon gp. And i think it can happen with piety as well, if you sacrifice too much

I think that was how piety overflow was discovered, in fact.

Jack the Ripper
08-14-2009, 11:08 PM
I think that was how piety overflow was discovered, in fact.

Dunno about overflow, but piety abuse was discovered, IIRC, by David Byron with an archmage who kept praying in order to get pp back. In the end, he'd angered his own god so much that the other two absolutely adored him. I'd saved the post somewhere in my PC, because it explained various methods of starting wish-engines, information which wasn't readily accessible at the time.

gut
08-14-2009, 11:13 PM
I've never completed this challenge with a non-archer
either, though several have a good shot. I came
thiiiiiiis close with a mindcrafter that started with an
invisibility potion.

Xevoc
08-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Piety overflow would be difficult to pull off as a level 1 char, because the bolts of true matter will kill your PC. I don't see a way around this, because there are no undead in Terinyo.