PDA

View Full Version : Favorite alcoholic beverages

pblack
08-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Here I am. Appreciating my beer. And a question rose to the surface...

wich one is your favorite beer? I know this is a multinational forum so we won't always know the beer you are talking about.. .but let's give it a shot.

Well... i'm a simple man. I like heineken the most. Thou it's not a popular beer here in brazil i like it the best. Brazilian beer resembles budweiser imo, and i like the bitterness of heineken better.

I have drunk erdinger as well, wich I think is european. And I like it but it's too expensive here =P

I can't apreciate guiness for instance. You german-folk might have that aquired taste for really strong beer.

Also, i see it a lot in movies and such... europeans and americans drinking quite warm beer. UGH! i know most don't like it but here in brazil if the beer goes warm you toss it out!

On distilled beverages. Jack Daniels gotta be the one. I envy american-folk that get it so cheap =P

JellySlayer
08-21-2009, 04:58 AM
Well, unless you're from Canada, it's unlikely you'll have ever heard of any of the beers that I normally drink since they're mostly domestics. I usually drink Sleeman's (www.sleeman.com), preferably the honey brown. Although it looks like water, Steamwhistle (http://www.steamwhistle.ca/) is actually pretty good too. Quebec beer is very good too, especially something like La Fin du Monde (http://www.unibroue.com/graphs_our_beers/fin_du_monde.html)--although at 9% alcohol, it's not for the faint of heart. Part of the fun of living in Canada is that there are so many microbreweries around that every city is likely to have its own unique variety of beer, so you can always try something new. Beer is best after it's been chilled in snow--drinking it warm is just weird.

Silfir
08-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Erdinger is German. Technically Bavarian, so not exactly from where I come from. Though no one in Germany drinks his beer warm. Cold beer all the way.

I won't be making more comments here because I hardly ever drink beer, so I don't have a favorite one.

boris_pankov@inbox.ru
08-21-2009, 07:30 AM
I pfrefer Kozel.. they say its chehz.. chzeh.. damn..
Also like heinikein and tuborg.
But! To be honest beer is not very healthy, so most of the time lately I drink vodka )

Grey
08-21-2009, 08:10 AM
As I'm actually drunk now I feel in a fitting state to respond... Firstly... Heineken? Ugh... Disgusting stuff. In South America you should drink Sol - I love that stuff. Otherwise San Miguel is decent. Mahou is a much greater Spanish beer, but harder to find. I love Grolsch too, gfor the European taste. My favourite beer is likely Fosters though - a cold pint of it goes down so easily on a warm summer's day.

Personally I'm a cider fan though. English Strongbos iw nice, but recently I have discovered the jos of New Yorken "Original Sin". Hard to find, but extremely compelling.

On the subject of liquors I do love vodka myself, whatever it may or may not be mixed with. Straight I prefer Finlandia or Grey Goose, mixed I lose all pretense at preference. A nice little cocktail I invented and like to make is vodka, triple sec, blue curacoa, a touch of galliano, fresh lime an lemonade (Fanta lemon for those who think of the American style of lemonade). I call it "Blue Sherbert" and prefer to serve it with a *lot* of ice. Bright blue, very sweet, extremely strong and thoroughly drinkable - just my sort of poison :)

Jack the Ripper
08-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, when it comes to beer: Heineken, Carlsberg , Timisoreana and Tuborg. The last two being Romanian bears. I must say I'm surprised to see Boris drinking a Romanian bear :) .
As far as my favorite beverage is concerned, that HAS to be Cuba Libre. I make it myself because it's far cheaper to just buy rum, buy coke, buy lime and combine them, than to buy ready-made Cuba Libre. I also mix it somewhat differently than it's original recipe: for every part of rum there should be two parts of coke, I actually make it 1-5. That way it's a nice, sweetish with a touch of lemon drink that really just gradually makes the world seem a funnier place :) . The 1/5 ratio means the only thing you feel from the rum, taste-wise, is its flavor, but you still get to feel the effects of the alcohol in it.

phauli
08-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Any good beers really. Mostly i prefer porter, stout and ale over lager but i really like Caribbean/Mexican lagers. To name a few Red Stripe and El Pacifico are my current favorite lagers, New Castle is one of my alltime favorites and probably the best beer is without a doubt Brooklyn Local 1.
Whiskey's and rum's are good too, well almost any dark alcohol is good.

yisk
08-21-2009, 03:12 PM
So many alcoholics here... o_o
I almost do not drink.

pblack
08-21-2009, 04:35 PM
As I'm actually drunk now I feel in a fitting state to respond... Firstly... Heineken? Ugh... Disgusting stuff. In South America you should drink Sol - I love that stuff.

SOL??!!!?!?!! It's like drinking piss from a diseased old man! Oh...the terrible terrible taste! You are one brave man. If you like sol i should introduce you to some other really cheap beer around here. Beer that costs something like 40 cents of the dollar a can.

warheart
08-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I can drink beer but don't enjoy it, don't like wine either. Vodka is the way to go, although I can drink pretty much everything. I just usually take a couple of Vodka's, not more, I never get drunk.

Conundrum
08-22-2009, 02:03 AM
In South America you should drink Sol - I love that stuff.

Ah, Sol, the poor man's Corona :P

Sol and Corona are actually quite good as long as you have lemon or lime around, pblack. Don't go hating!

If I'm out and about, I'll usually drink Carlton Draught just because it's cheaper. If I'm buying for home, I'll usually go with Crown Lager or Stella Artois, though I'll drink most things. Just not Victoria Bitter. UGH.

Spirits, I'll drink most anything EXCEPT BUNDY. Can't stand that stuff. It's godawful. Southern Comfort, most Vodkas, Bacardi, Beam... you name it!

pblack
08-22-2009, 02:23 AM
Sol is already the poor man's beer here in brazil. I can't imagine anyone willing to drink that if you have anything else... and I mean... nearly ANYTHING else around.

Stella Artois is.... good. Thou i rarely drink it.

phauli
08-22-2009, 05:10 AM
Sol really is good! pblack if would like to taste some really shitty beers come to Finland :) I forgot to mention that ouzo is something likely will never be able to drink anymore, thanks to the most terrible hangover ever from drinking that stuff.

pblack
08-22-2009, 05:44 AM
O can't believe sol is so popular outside brazil. Here is just some cheap beer that you buy whenever you have to buy in bulk... for a barbecue or something. Nobody really drinks it here.

Since you know Sol, do you guys know brahma? Its another internationalized brazilian beer. [thou i'm not 100% sure of Sol's original nationality.]

pblack
08-23-2009, 03:54 AM
i'm all out of alcohol... and money.

so today i made an experiment. After i drank all the wine I had left, and still wasn't drunk enough. I just drank soda with alcohol (yeah... pure alcohol... just a tad of it anyway). And I remember having fun with it. Now, late at night, i went to fix myself another one of those devilish drinks... and i realized i'm not drunk enough to gulp down the stuff... hahhaa... too bad, cause it's all i have tonight and i'm not about to waste it hahhaa

Grey
08-23-2009, 07:14 AM
I thought Sol was Mexican? Yeah it's cheap, and yeah it's piss, but it's a lot better than Heineken :P

boris_pankov@inbox.ru
08-24-2009, 07:26 AM
I drank Glass cleaner "Berezka" in 1990`s. That was a totally crazy stuff! All Your veins become visible after a couple shots of this shit ))

Grey! You are gourman! ))))