PDA

View Full Version : Mindcrafting Bug?

NMBLNG
04-01-2008, 05:04 AM
I might have found a bug in the use of Mindcraft. Bug or not, it's probably not supposed to happen.

Drakish Mindcrafter, decided I needed to get some more characters on the high score list so I could start getting into the buggy ruins. Easy solution: kill farmers in Terino. So I go Berserker and use confusion blast on one of the farmers, and whack him a good one.

And none of the villagers turn hostile except him, when I confused him. Is that supposed to happen?

Worked on all the other 't's in the village. When I did it to the little girl, it managed to attack me in my confusion. And then the Druid zapped her with a barrage of magic missiles!

Then I tried to do it to the village fool, he's a lot tougher that you'd think.....and he killed me.

But the sheriff and druid didn't do anything to stop me. I haven't tried it again to figure out the specifics of the bug, if anyone else wants to try it feel free to post results.

reich
04-01-2008, 09:50 AM
I think just using confusing bolt doesn't count as attack so the NPC doesn't get hostile. But if you hit him after confusing him the whole village should become hostile! So it does look like a bug.

Nezur
04-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Since mindcraft is often fairly inconspicuous form of attacking it shouldn't attract as much attention as bashing in the head with a warhammer. ;) Nevertheless that seems to be a bug because the village didn't react when you hit various townsfolk.

Sradac
04-01-2008, 08:29 PM
same thing with pickpocketing. if you pickpocket a t there and make the person hostile, the rest of the village dosent turn hostile. and if someone sees them attack you they go after THEM and not you. kinda weird. You'd think the farmer could yell "Thief!" and everyone would want your head.

Sradac
04-01-2008, 08:30 PM
oh yeah easy way to get chars on that list just create a char, then walk outa the chain. It registers as you left the drakalor chain, never to return. If you straight up 'Q"uit it dosent register but leaving the chain does. just chain create chars and leave!