PDA

View Full Version : Level 5 stupid death

Kiro
08-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok that's my first post, certainly not very interesting, but this death makes me lol.

I was on the 2nd level of the puppy-dungeon. I met a nice female orc, who didn't attack me, and found a book like 5 tiles from her. I took it, and started reading it. As soon as I read it, the orc walked on a trap and BOOM, she died. The explosion was HUGE, and I was like "HOLY SHIT IT ALMOST KILLED ME". But, that's cool, I'm still alive, I won't die like a noob at level 5.

Then, it said "Reading this book confused you".

What ? What does that mean ? I try to get out of this room... Hey where the hell are you going ?! I pressed LEFT, so GO TO THE LEFT. No, f***, not there ! No ! Nooo ! Don't walk on the FUCKING TRAP !!! HOLY SH-

BOOM !

:eek:

Now I can understand why it takes 5 years to some players to finish the game.

grobblewobble
08-23-2009, 11:07 PM
:p Cool way to die. If your character is confused all movement commands are messed up, including '.'. But you can still do a number of things safely, without moving into random directions. I believe cleaning your 'E'ars is one of them.

Kiro
08-24-2009, 12:04 AM
You mean I could have cleaned my ears without moving until the confused state goes away ?

JellySlayer
08-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Yes, cleaning your ears, applying first aid, and some other tasks can be performed while confused to prevent movement. A similar set can be used to prevent moving while stunning (I think you need to wipe your face while stunned).

Baranor
08-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Confused has the random stagger with all directional movements 1-9.

Stunned will allow you to sit still if you hit 5 but all others will make you stagger.

Jack the Ripper
08-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Confused has the random stagger with all directional movements 1-9.

Stunned will allow you to sit still if you hit 5 but all others will make you stagger.

As such, the best thing is to apply some skill or clean your ears or wipe your face, anything other than moving around :)

Harwin
08-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Wiping your face is probably a safer habit.

I fear the YASD post where someone cleans his/her ears accidentally after deliberately clogging them.

Silfir
08-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Much more likely, stepping on a fireball trap with clogged ears with the banshee within earshot.

Though that one is less stupid then extremely unlucky.

Jack the Ripper
08-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Much more likely, stepping on a fireball trap with clogged ears with the banshee within earshot.

Though that one is less stupid then extremely unlucky.

I was, a while ago, leading the banshee up through the CoC towards the Animated Forest, so as to get lots of loot from the trees. On the way up we stumbled across a shadow wyrm that blasted me with a barrage of glowing balls. The interesting bit is that the glowing balls were also heated, it seems, because they melted my bees-wax. Fortunately, the banshee was busy catching up with me, so I had one turn to quickly stuff wax back into my ears.