PDA

View Full Version : necro darkforge and water dragon lair test

ragface
08-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Started a necro and raided df with teleport wich I found in ID, then went to water dragon lair and looted that and the only artifact that was generated was crown of science.. got annoyed pushed my lvl 10 necro unarmed vs Momma dragon.. How often do you guys get artifacts generated in water dragon lair and darkforge??

grobblewobble
08-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Raided darkforge about.. 8 times, maybe? Only 1 time I found an artifact (staff of the magi).

Checked out water dragon lair 3 or 4 times, never saw any artifact there.

I think what you saw is the rule, not the exception.

FantomFang
08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
I've found artifact staves to be relatively common in Darkforge, but otherwise I don't seem to ever get arts there otherwise (maybe ~10% of the time). The Water Dragon lair has never had an artifact for me, iirc, but it is quite common to find an AoLS or RoDS there, or even a WoWi there. Not to mention all of the good items that you can always use more of that get generated (yay for more water)

JellySlayer
08-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Started a necro and raided df with teleport wich I found in ID, then went to water dragon lair and looted that and the only artifact that was generated was crown of science.. got annoyed pushed my lvl 10 necro unarmed vs Momma dragon.. How often do you guys get artifacts generated in water dragon lair and darkforge??

Water dragon lair, I would say very rarely. Maybe 1 in 20 characters who visits, if I had to guess.

Darkforge is a little better. Maybe 1 in 5. Usually it's some junk like staff of archmagi or long sting though.

Grey
08-26-2009, 07:40 PM
I concur with JellySlayer's odds.

By the way, "staff of the magi" is not an artifact, grobblewobble, it's a fairly mundane and useless item. Similar to the Staff of the Archmagi in that respect.

grobblewobble
08-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks for correcting. That makes it 0 artifacts out of 6 DF runs so far.

EDIT: If that sounded like a complaint, it is not. I found plenty of other good stuff.

Harwin
08-26-2009, 10:05 PM
When I was trying to get enough characters in the log file to be able to use the bug cave, I drowned in the water dragon's cave a lot (I thought I needed deaths, not characters). Not a huge sample size, but artifacts seemed to be generated there > 10% of the time.

ragface
08-27-2009, 07:28 AM
yeah I tested afterwards, and it was pretty naive of me to expect any artifacts from those places.. just thought It would be a fun way to start a character.. and well it is with all the good things you get! you could also use wand of teleportation and booze of course