PDA

View Full Version : can't believe this

grobblewobble
08-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Just had an orc archer killed. A very promising character, he had made it to level 16 and found an eternium 2handed sword of penetration.. he got killed in the Rehetep room. I let a Dorn Beast close in on me, got paralyzed and got killed. I can't believe my own stupidity, how on earth could I let this happen? I wasn't even drunk. Maybe it was overconfidence, I got to have some excuse.

Oh well. Maybe next time I hear a thundering HURUMPH with an archer I will be a little less incompetent.

ragface
08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Just had an orc archer killed. A very promising character, he had made it to level 16 and found an eternium 2handed sword of penetration.. he got killed in the Rehetep room. I let a Dorn Beast close in on me, got paralyzed and got killed. I can't believe my own stupidity, how on earth could I let this happen? I wasn't even drunk. Maybe it was overconfidence, I got to have some excuse.

Oh well. Maybe next time I hear a thundering HURUMPH with an archer I will be a little less incompetent.

2 handed sword of penetration is quite an amazing weapon:)

I always check every monster in pyramid, so no Acid vortex or dorn beasts or other nasties get to surprise me, From every death you learn something..

FantomFang
08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
This is why for the first time since, well, ever, I was afraid to do the pyramid (in the challenge game, that is). You never know when an out-of-depth critter will be generated that could rock your day. Which is why invisibility and high speed/low energy cost is so valuable.

JellySlayer
08-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't think Dorn Beasts can paralyse you unless you attack them in melee. Just pepper them with missiles (even in melee range is fine) and they're harmless.

DumbleDoor
09-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I wasn't even drunk.
In game or real life? That is not good for you, I feel your pain, I have died with an archer due to parylazation, too.