PDA

View Full Version : Curse of chaos

Fellun
08-25-2009, 02:57 PM
I had gotten some star sign I didn't care for (unicorn perhaps), and hit the (f)ate button. Gt a dark elf necro. No big deal. I discover I have a book of frost bolt. I head to check out the marketplace and think Hey, I could take out Hotzenplotz and get some decent starting xp and gold. I do so. I go to get my reward and I notice the shiny amulet and think, well shoot, now I can change my alignment a bit and get healing.

I never noticed before that opposite aligned amulets do damage. Was dead before I figured it out.

Die and learn.

modular
08-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Never ignore 'a burning sensation' around your neck ;P

Jack the Ripper
08-25-2009, 11:17 PM
I had gotten some star sign I didn't care for (unicorn perhaps), and hit the (f)ate button. Gt a dark elf necro. No big deal. I discover I have a book of frost bolt. I head to check out the marketplace and think Hey, I could take out Hotzenplotz and get some decent starting xp and gold. I do so. I go to get my reward and I notice the shiny amulet and think, well shoot, now I can change my alignment a bit and get healing.

I never noticed before that opposite aligned amulets do damage. Was dead before I figured it out.

Die and learn.

Learn to pay attention to your hitpoints, yeah. Each time you got the burn message, some HP got deducted from your total. You really ought to have noticed in time :p

phauli
08-26-2009, 06:46 AM
How much do they do damage? Dark elf necromancers have very shitty To. Still if you got a few lvl's out of killing Hotz you should have had enough HP to to survive the first burn, even if they could deal something like 3d3

Silfir
08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
It's only about 1d3 HP per burn... But a low level character will get a lot of burns, and dark elven necros have about the lowest HP in the game early on, so...