PDA

View Full Version : YASD - Washed away in the underwater cave

modular
08-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Got a high elf priest killed while attempting a gremlin bomb in the underwater cave. I was invisible and under darkness while pickpocketing. Then I got the message I was getting hit. I cast light to see what it was, a turtle if I remember correctly. I try to kill it with some spells, then suddenly some gremlins are washed away and I am almost hit. I knew this was the water dragon. I decided to try and kill the turtle anyway. A few turns into this madness I get washed away and die.

I had to dig all the graves using mystic shovel because my only pick axe broke. That means w5'ing allot to regain power which is an utter waist of game time.

I learned this:
* Don't pick up anything and leave the water dragon non-hostile before attempting the gremlin bomb, or at least get the dragon to 'afraid' before doing the gremlin bomb (make sure to bring a weapon).

* Don't cast light (I didn't have scrolls/wands of monster detection)

I even had a RoDS in my inventory. Oh well better luck scumming next time (im still trying an archmage victory. I like priests (they are like playing easy mode) but wizards seem better for this.)

vogonpoet
08-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Err, can I recommend a water trap, a few alarm traps, and D8? Its kinda safer. Or the Griffyard for same? (spare blankets required)