PDA

View Full Version : My Pet Killed a Karmic Lizard

PMJ
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm currently playing a Dark Elf Priest, who was lucky enough to be born with Music. I since got myself a nice pet Cave Bear, and have been slowly bringing him up the ranks to add to my firepower. The training is now starting to pay off, and he's turning into a real powerhouse.

However, as the title says, he recently decided to take out his anger on a Karmic Lizard. I'm just wondering if he's now doomed / unlucky, and whether I'll need to start training a new companion?

Thanks for any advice!

PMJ

FantomFang
09-01-2009, 12:30 AM
all Priests have Music, but it is a very nice skill (if it is your cup of tea, that is).
Be careful though, as your pets can turn on you, unlike those rascally bards!

PMJ
09-01-2009, 12:38 AM
all Priests have Music, but it is a very nice skill (if it is your cup of tea, that is).
Be careful though, as your pets can turn on you, unlike those rascally bards!

Didn't realise all priests had music... good to know!

What exactly would make my pet turn on me? I know that setting off fireball traps that they get caught in can do it, and wandering away from them might do it. Are there other things I should be afraid of?

Silfir
09-01-2009, 12:39 AM
No, your pets are not affected by unluckiness - would be mighty hard for the game to keep track of doom/fate smiles status for every single entity.

But then, nobody I know of has ever cared enough about their pets to test this assumption of mine... If your cave bear has a hilarious accident in the near future, be sure to tell us all about it!

I'm not sure what else you can do to prevent turning. But keep in mind that it's usually possible to re-tame the animal in question rather quickly. Not so with companions.

sorear
09-01-2009, 05:24 AM
As far as I can tell, there is an inverse relationship between pet strength and likelihood of rebellion. Rats do it all the time, cave lions do it infrequently, and I have never had a DH familiar do it (including several that were trained to level 50+ and one that killed Shyssyryxius in fair melee). All testing non-bards, mostly mindcrafters.

saladman
09-01-2009, 06:59 AM
I like taming wild boars with the priest and other musical characters. Those guys are tough and fast enough to keep up with you.

Anonyone
09-01-2009, 08:09 AM
As far as I can tell, there is an inverse relationship between pet strength and likelihood of rebellion. Rats do it all the time, cave lions do it infrequently, and I have never had a DH familiar do it (including several that were trained to level 50+ and one that killed Shyssyryxius in fair melee). All testing non-bards, mostly mindcrafters.

I've had an emperor lich and a greater earth elemental turn on me. Maybe you're just lucky!