PDA

View Full Version : Eaten by a grue on the Water Cave

pblack
09-05-2009, 06:59 PM
First time i got eaten by a grue. The interesting thing was that i got doomed for being a fallen champion. I was a crowned champion of balance with a dwarven thief (very lucky one might i add) and i attacked momma dragon and got to CN immediately, i wasn't expecting such a drop in alignment but it was fine, it's not like I was giving thanks for getting the silver key for a crowning present...??.

I was happilly looting in the dark when a grue ate me... too bad, i was looking foward to playing the rebellious thief.

Epythic
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
What a Gruesome death :)

ragface
09-08-2009, 06:24 PM
First time i got eaten by a grue. The interesting thing was that i got doomed for being a fallen champion. I was a crowned champion of balance with a dwarven thief (very lucky one might i add) and i attacked momma dragon and got to CN immediately, i wasn't expecting such a drop in alignment but it was fine, it's not like I was giving thanks for getting the silver key for a crowning present...??.

I was happilly looting in the dark when a grue ate me... too bad, i was looking foward to playing the rebellious thief.

Ouch, yeah thiefs are so strong so their crowning gifts are shit

DumbleDoor
09-08-2009, 10:47 PM
I realized one of the reasons I always used to lose so early in the game. The reason is that I got doomed so often (don't ask me how, I don't know.) I think dooming, and even cursing, truly affects the game in a big way, I always meet out of depth monsters. This is a stupid death.

Jack the Ripper
09-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I realized one of the reasons I always used to lose so early in the game. The reason is that I got doomed so often (don't ask me how, I don't know.) I think dooming, and even cursing, truly affects the game in a big way

You're probably trying to attack karmic lizards, (baby/ancient) karmic dragons, eating things like imps and lesser/least demons, IIRC. Unsure about the eaten ones, certain about the karmic-attacking. Try saccing lots of gold, until you're very close to your deity. Then you'll 'feel a terrible gloom being lifted from you'. Or read a scroll of luck so as to: 1. remove doom 2.remove curse 3.become lucky 4. have Fate Smile upon you in that order.

zeteginara
09-09-2009, 08:24 PM
You're probably trying to attack karmic lizards, (baby/ancient) karmic dragons, eating things like imps and lesser/least demons, IIRC. Unsure about the eaten ones, certain about the karmic-attacking. Try saccing lots of gold, until you're very close to your deity. Then you'll 'feel a terrible gloom being lifted from you'. Or read a scroll of luck so as to: 1. remove doom 2.remove curse 3.become lucky 4. have Fate Smile upon you in that order.

You can't remove doom with a scroll of luck. You can do everything else though.