PDA

View Full Version : FIRST WIN: Troll Barbarian

abase
09-06-2009, 10:57 PM
This is my first real win since 1998 :) Won on the level 28! troll barbarian. Plain but rough :) In the middle of the game I almost decided that this time is not going for a winning again - it was before ToEF. I had no Fireproof blankets and ran into Ghost Lords room which made me 60 years old. Then I decided to read scroll of Familiar Summoning in DH and got Greater Earth Elemental pet. Finally I found one Fireproof blanket somewhere and whiped ToEF. Interesting, that the only orb guardian that was killed by my troll was ACW.. all others was slain by my best friend Greater Earth Elemental
This is THE Great Game! )))
early game
Being troll barbarian gave me oportunity ro run for waterproof blanket, kill raider lord and save puppy! and descend to the UD after that. I also saved carpenter and get healing after finding Lawfull altar in UD. I got literate early with sage corpse.
It was all cool and great with herbs and potions boosting my stats to very fine level, all untill I ran into Ghost Lord room in Temple of Water where I was aged to 60 - almost dead troll ) I then summoned Greater Earth Elemental and suddenly realized that I have found crown of Leadership somewhen (I belive in the graves of dwarven graveyard) :) using crown and GEE friend I whiped all remaining GL and defenders of the Water Temple
Then I whiped Darkforge, Library and get ring of The High Kings - all in desperate search for Fireproof blanket. Finally got one somewhere (apparently from some dragon's treasure)
ToEF was a cakewalk. I have got Skullcrasher as a Crowning gift - it's humanoid slaying feature made my life much simplier :)
After ToEF, i ran down into CoC ending the game with 28 level troll barbarian.
I did not run for ACW quest but got 3 Red Dragons vaults and one Greater vault

Necropassion
09-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Well played, sir.
Congratulations to you.

abase
09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Well played, sir.
Congratulations to you.

Thank you kindly! ) It was much more the 100 tries on the way to win!

Ascaron
09-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Awesome :) I love the first-win posts most of all in this forum :)

abase
09-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Awesome :) I love the first-win posts most of all in this forum :)

BTW - I was granted a knowledge of Wish when from potion of wonder - with ~5500 PP to cast :)