PDA

View Full Version : So how do you guys handle this.

Sradac
04-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Becomming arena champion for thundrar or whatever his name is. No means of teleporting anything. And the arena master decided to put me up against a wild cat...kitty karma pretty much screwed huh?

Sian
04-02-2008, 10:29 PM
loop it a Potion of exchange or a Potion of raw chaos (last is made by dipping Moon sickle into any potion

Pustka
04-02-2008, 10:30 PM
i think i only once got the ring. most of the time i dont care about cats. i would say i do the oposite thing. for classes which will be able to quilckly dispatch cat lord -> the more cats ill kill the more exp i get for him. its a nice bonus in lvls befor descending into deeper CoC :)

reich
04-02-2008, 10:31 PM
wand of trap creation->maybe an arrow trap will do the job? or toss a potion of exchange at the kitty, if you have one!

for classes which will be able to quilckly dispatch cat lord -> the more cats ill kill the more exp i get for him. its a nice bonus in lvls befor descending into deeper CoC

that's hardcore

Grey
04-03-2008, 01:41 AM
Creating a trap that kills the kitty is no good - it'll count as your death. A teleport trap that gets it out of the arena will make you the winner though. And a corruption trap can be used to transform it into a writhing mass of primal chaos. You can also use an alarm trap coupled with a monster creation wand to get the cat killed. Scroll of Familiar Summoning might give you something to kill it with too.

So lots of ways. Potion of exchange is by far the best though - I never enter the arena without one.

Dougy
04-03-2008, 01:41 AM
Yep, it can be worth scumming kitties in the wilderness... he will be a powerful foe, but there are ways to kill him and get an absurd amount of exp!

Moral Fallacy
04-03-2008, 04:33 AM
i think i only once got the ring. most of the time i dont care about cats. i would say i do the oposite thing. for classes which will be able to quilckly dispatch cat lord -> the more cats ill kill the more exp i get for him. its a nice bonus in lvls befor descending into deeper CoC :)

You to. :P

I'm of the mind that the ring isn't worth the effort on most chars, sure it's a nice ring, just not worth the trouble. :D

Siriah
04-03-2008, 08:13 AM
If I can't teleport the cat, I either throw a potion of exchange at it if I have one, or just kill it. The cat lord's ring is nice, but not having to worry about cats until you get to his level is nice too, and at least you get some experience for your trouble.

Chris
04-03-2008, 11:22 AM
I like slaughtering cats myself, but you have to be carefull not to kill too many. You might just get one XP then :)