PDA

View Full Version : path of the RNG: lucky, unlucky, dead

lotuskip
09-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Path of the RNG. For all those who believe.

In the beginning of the game, I walk into the HoleInTheWall shop and see:
- Ironfist
- wand of teleportation (4 charges)

Okay, so honestly, who would not try to rob the place? I just rolled the PC, so it's not like I have something to lose. I was even chaotic, so no dooming crap.

I grabbed everything, zapped, and luckily found myself near the edge of the map. Yay thanks free artifact and 3 more teleports left. (First step.)

I had no Healing skill and really wanted it, so I headed to the VD thinking: I can get myself neutral to receive it the nonchaotic way. Sometimes it's enough to cure the carpenter and talk to the village elder to get up to NC or even N-.

As I enter VD:4, I start to get tons of "You sense a taint in your vicinity" messages. Oh crap. Of course I run into a WMoPC. (Second step.) Now, I could've killed the healer and gotten away, but I couldn't have survived going back to HoleInTheWall. No way of getting the carpenter up there and stay alive, either.

So I fled. Decided to try and find some wands or something so I could kill the thing. Without healing.

I was playing a challenge with two nasty restrictions: no missile weapons, no ID entry. So I went to the puppy cave. Died there to something, don't even remember what, but essentially due to not having healing and running around with less than 15 hitpoints. (Third step and end of the road.)