PDA

View Full Version : Amulet of Life Saving

Sradac
04-04-2008, 12:04 AM
So what do you guys say is the best way to get one of these, outside of wishing? My fighter isnt going for an ultra ending but I think Im going to try and get teh avatar of balance ending for my elementalist...obviously cant do that without an AoLS. What do I do scum the ID? what are the best levels for one to be generated on?

Mad Minstrel
04-04-2008, 02:16 AM
If you have pools availabale in Darkforge forget scumming ID, it may take eons. Drinking from pools in Darkforge for a wish is probably the easiest way to get AoLS. But be preapared for cursing, dooming and aging (if you are a troll/orc). You can also dip amulets in !PoE or !PoRC (but using !PoRC is very risky).

Dougy
04-04-2008, 03:00 AM
I scum the big room for them - at the same time you can also get some herbs and please a god with the alter in dwarftown. Hopping up and down between the 8th and 9th levels of the ID is good too.

As mentioned dipping amulets into PoE sometimes works, I try to do this DH:2 as sometimes it'll generate something else good instead. Also drinking from the pools in darkforge too, although paralyzation resistance is more valuable than any wish in my opinion - once I get that I'll never drink from a pool again.

F50
04-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Darkforge pools grant a lot of valuable intrinsics and is definitely the best place to go for a wish.

Macros
04-04-2008, 06:57 AM
Be sure to have altar of your aligment somewhere around - if you're doomed, you won't get wish from the pool(and with help of altar, you can easily remove it).

Nezur
04-04-2008, 11:35 AM
It's also handy to have a spare Blink dog corpse preserved in the Terinyo shop since pools may remove the teleport control allowing intrinsic ability.

Sradac
04-04-2008, 12:14 PM
all good points, you said if you're an orc or troll wawtch for doom / curse but i've been cursed from a pool before as a human. are the darkforge pools special or soemthing??

Mad Minstrel
04-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I meant watch out for unnatural aging if you are orc/troll because of their short lifespan. Domming/cursing is bad for every race of course....

Pustka
04-04-2008, 01:45 PM
hmmm dipping amulets in !PoE...

i preffer dipping stacks of rings in !PoE. its always nice to get couple wishes ;> and one of them being spent on AoLS.

apart from that i dig up "Great Treasures Buried Here" ;>

a new thought just came to my mind - dipping stacks of wands in !PoE. have to try that one out :)

Macros
04-04-2008, 02:24 PM
dipping stacks of wands in !PoE

Wands are not stacking, so you can dip only one at time. Rings are better for dipping(also be sure that danger level of place where you're dipping potions is high enough for rings of djinni summoning - the best way is to dip rings on level which has exactly same danger level as danger level needed for RoDS).

Pustka
04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
how do u determine that the level has same danger lvl as those rings ? O.o

Macros
04-04-2008, 04:05 PM
That's forbidden knowledge, so I won't tell(you can easily find it on the internet though):)

Pustka
04-04-2008, 04:21 PM
seems fishy <_< ill stay with dipping on random. i had RoDS couple times so im happy with it.

kapsi
06-04-2008, 01:01 PM
My last character got a ring of djinni from a killer bug in bug temple.

Molach
06-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Without spoiling too much, if you dip in DH:1 you have at least a shot at the RoDS. Don't dip too shallow. There is a best level, but we are not telling, it seems.

And do not dip 19 rings either, 19 RoDS will ruin your game. 3-4 max.

I still think there should be guaranteed AoLS in the game. Like, at the start of the game, one preset creature is randomly chosen to carry (=drop on death) a AoLS. Candidates would be the minotaur Emperor, the innermost (bottom right) spellbook-guarding monster in the library or one of the killer bugs in the "statue" room in bug temple. Each with a 33% chance to drop the AoLS. Eh?

(They are all not trivial to get to, and all optional side-quests)

kapsi
06-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Without spoiling too much, if you dip in DH:1 you have at least a shot at the RoDS. Don't dip too shallow. There is a best level, but we are not telling, it seems.
DH1 is better than DH2?

Laukku
06-04-2008, 02:54 PM
DH1 is better than DH2?

:rolleyes:

kapsi
06-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Oh thanks. I never was that interested in in-game mechanics.