PDA

View Full Version : I found a bug or two

Elone
04-05-2008, 07:13 AM
As soon as I entered the first level of the fire cave, a hostile fire drake started attacking me, but it soon became tame for no good reason. I noticed it when I kept attacking it, and then I got the "Do you really wanna splatter this poor overgrown firebreathing red lizard?" thingy, or something along those lines. I noticed that some dungeon features are not generated as they should be, for instance, one door got generated as brown (wood) instead of grey (iron). I encountered the same door bug a bit further into the dungeon. Also, the equipment destruction is huge, my books of frost bolt, clw, the out-of-depth spellbook of major teleportation, and most of my scrolls burned away while I fought that drake. Wasnt this area supposed to be for starters who dont have access to fproof blankets, ice rings, and ice gloves yet? I havent set my foot into its counterpart (ice cave) cuz they say it's buggy, but how about placing some guaranteed anti-fire equips, if there arent some already?

Notice the different door colours. Maybe this is a feature and not a bug? Also, the drake is standing on the staircase to wilderness.

Edit: ...oops. Please ignore all this. >.>

theotherhiveking
04-05-2008, 12:49 PM
is this Adom?

Has been Jade released?

:confused:

Epythic
04-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Edit: ...oops. Please ignore all this. >.>

*NOW* i am curious.

Dougy
04-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Oooohhh!!!! *raises an eyebrow*

Elone
04-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Meh - whatever, now. Might as well say a bit or two, this time about currently existing items in ADOM2.

Finally found an artefact - Ring of the Master Bat [+7,-7] (2,4). It's a random artefact at this time, but will be a reward for not killing any bats later on, Master Bat will give you one (else he will be hostile). Allows you to float, avoiding water, pits, and other traps and ground effects but you cant pick any items from the ground. Autocurses every 3d4 turns; it has no bad effects while cursed, other than being irremovable.

Shield of Raw Deal is said to already be around, it calculates PV and DV randomly whenever you're attacked, ranging from 50% to 150%. Those percents vary with B/U/C of the shield.

I'm waiting for the long-awaited Spellbook of Neutralise Potion ("a transparent tome" when unidentified) to be implemented. It will turn any potion (or a stack) into a potion of water (retaining the original potion's B/U/C status).

Whether these get implemented or not, depends on user feedback.

Tannis
04-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Ah, fakeposts about ADOM2, a time honored tradition since the days of the roguelike google groups.

Elone
04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
That was not polite nor nice of you. I have an exact and a good reason for posting all this, and it's to get people involved into some fun roleplay, while still being as creative and realistic as possible.

In the roguelike google groups which you mentioned, people play along instead, and have a lot of fun in the process!

But you had to ruin it.

One line of mine will hold true: Whether these get implemented or not, depends on user feedback! Occasionally a good idea or two will surface. I only think that it's bad to start a whole thread about an unimportant detail, and troll it into inflating to something bigger than it is.

Bah - anyone who reads this, message me with your thoughts if you have any? =/

Tannis
04-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Well, egg on my face. Didn't realize we were meant to play along. With that said, ignore my post above and.........

*ahem*

The reason your equipment is burning up so badly is because you're doing it out of order. Sure, the ice caves are slightly buggy, but it's primarily an issue with stairs and map generation. If you have magic mapping and a wand of digging you should be able to do the ice caves even if the stairs are generated inside a wall.

And that's where you find your guaranteed ice gear. When an ice troll leaves a corpse, use the survival skill to butcher the body for its hide. The ice troll hide doubles as a fire proof blanket! If you're lucky enough to get a second ice troll hide save it for later since it can be smithed into a kick ass armor that gives you elemental resistances and increased regeneration.

Or so I've heard.

F50
04-16-2008, 11:19 PM
...for instance, one door got generated as brown (wood) instead of grey (iron)...
I am not sure if either door type would be appropriate for that cave, as one burns while the other melts. Needs revising I guess.

Wasnt this area supposed to be for starters who don't have access to fireproof blankets, ice rings, and ice gloves yet?

Uh, it looks like you are in the DoF (dungeon of fire) and not the fire cave. The fire cave actually isn't filled with fire, just has fire lizards around and such. The item destruction is still nasty-ish, and a fireproof blanket is recommended though. Its ok for a starting cave, but I would suggest being level 6 at least if you don't wish for a quick death. The orc pits offer a much faster and safer start, just make sure to go with the Dwarves if you are friendly to them, or Grobash and his gang if you aren't and they'll keep you from being overwhelmed.

The DoF is *definitely* for after the ice cave, I am surprised you survived long enough to *fight* the drake.

Andur
04-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Ice troll blankets are a bad idea, you wouldn't want your blanket coming back to life now would you...

Sradac
04-17-2008, 09:48 PM
one of the more interesting aspects of the ice caves is the invisible ice bridges I found in it. You might come to an uncrossable canyon inside the caves dropping down what has to be a good 500 feet. But fear not! Just seach around and you'll find the start of an invisible ice bridge somewhere. I've heard that the "alert" talent can help with this alot, it finally found a good use. Just search search search and you'll eventually get a message "There appears to be some kind of footing to the west, but you cant quite make it out" Just dont be like me and cross with a full backpack, guess it follows the same rules as ice bridges you make over water. first YASD in adom2 for me =(

Elone
04-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Duh. I seem to have taken a wrong turn at... Well, no idea, overmap is finally generated randomly (but now we dont even know what we will walk into). Yeah F50, if you say that it's DoF and not CoF, I'll believe you. ADOM2 could get a better way to display room names (unlike ADOM1 where you could only see room name when you 'Q'uit or... 'D'ie).

Most interesting of all seems to be Sradac' find of the canyon. I would like to go see what's on the bottom, but neither was my level high, neither was my perception low, neither did I have climbing at 100, and neither was my willpower sufficient. If someone advances far enough to find out, post it here please. Maybe this seemingly newbie area actually has an entrance to a far more advanced place.

I'm very interested about new regular items and artefacts - keep the thread updated as you find more.

I'll got play a Human Commoner now - they get average stats (but slightly higher learning) and they get random items and skillsets. Hopefully I get digging and a pickaxe this time. See ya!

Sradac
04-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Never saw this before. Rolled a new char since my last one took a plument down into an icy cavern. I decided to try something I never have before and that was a hill dwarf bard. I headed into the wilderness to the west of the human city I started in (go figure still starting in human cities) and was trudging along some muddy hills when I stumbled across TWO settlements. But they werent so friendly. Found a kobold settlement and a bugbear one a bit to the south of it. I decided its finally time to test out these diplomacy skills Ive never used before. I went into the kobold camp thinking to myself, they cant be as smart as bugbears maybe I can use my skills and get some information out of them. I went to the center of the little camp, it was kinda pathetic looking everything was covered in mud. Apparently it didnt bother the kobolds too much but it was not the best thing for my outfit. Found the chieftan in the middle and before he could alert the others to strike me down I struck up a conversation with him. After a bit of persuasion intimidation and even bribery I found out the bugbears have actually pushed them out of their home which is where they are now, a small little village. I told them if I helped get rid of the bugbear problem there had better be something in it for me, and all he said was something about "Our shaman knows many a thingy or two I knows he knows lots of the elements! He will teach you our ways!"
Not sure if I wanted any "kobold lore" or whatever they think they know I agreed and I also had success with the diplomacy and convinced them to send their whole camp with me as a desperate surprise attack. Well the battle was longer than expected eventually we got rid of the bugbears. The shaman approached me and told me "Now I will teach you a little bit about the elements around us!" He taught me a lightning jolt spell, that worthless blue lightning that creeps on your body they all throw at us all the time...a waste I thought to myself and began to left "Waits! I no teaches you about the earth under us!" After several hours passed he taught me a bit about geomancy and I could now bring the earth under neath me to my use! I love being a bard! So far I can only bring an earthen shield about me to soak a bit of damage and bring up a dust storm to blind enemies, im guessing it lowers their to-hit chance, but I cant wait till I get more advanced in geomancy and be able to bring huge stalagmites outa the ground under enemies, bring together rocks and crush enemies from above, and who knows what else I could do with this. Lets hope I dont die too soon from now

(Geomancy would be a really cool skill to put in like an elementalist cept it only focuses on earth magic!)

Laukku
04-19-2008, 04:09 PM
I have finally found the Labyrinths of Eternal Wandering...

It is hidden beneath the Tiny Cavern. A staircase is hidden in a separate room on the "last" level (3rd usually), similiar to the assassin guild in ADOM1. I found it by accidentally reading a scroll of magic mapping instead of another scroll. The stairs lead to "Dark Cavern", which has normal-sized maps instead of the tiny ones in the TC. Be careful, it has a higher danger level than TC!

In DC there are quite many branches, one leading to a city of a random race. The city is useful for getting piety and equipment. According to an inhabitant of the city and a fortune cookie, the Shield of Invulnerability is hidden in the Labyriths of Eternal Wandering. The stairs leading to the LoEW are around DC:20, if I remember correctly.

The Labyrinths are a trickier place than I thought. The levels are non-teleport, non-diggable, don't allow magic mapping, and finally, NO monsters or items are generated there. I have been wandering there 3 days real time now, and my stomafillias are starting to run out (had 300 at first).

I'm right now at the second part: The levels consist of one 3x3 room with 2-9 staircases, each one leading to a different room/level. Every level/room looks the same, and when I realized what this is all about and started dropping items, I had already got lost. This is harder than 1st part, where most of the challenge is in exploring the huge maze maps and avoiding false levels. I'm sure I don't have enough food to reach the end of the Labyrinth nor find the way back.

Most interesting of all seems to be Sradac' find of the canyon. I would like to go see what's on the bottom, but neither was my level high, neither was my perception low, neither did I have climbing at 100, and neither was my willpower sufficient. If someone advances far enough to find out, post it here please.

Did you try rings of the bird? I think they would enable you to fly to the bottom.

Maybe this seemingly newbie area actually has an entrance to a far more advanced place.

Well I don't know, but this certainly has happened to the Tiny Cavern.

Laukku
04-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Well, he died of starvation... I'm trying with a new character now, Mazer the air elf. (We have mountain elves, hill elves, sea elves, lake elves, water elves, pond elves... Do we actually need that many kinds of elves? :P) I got a blessed girdle of greed, used dragon gold doubling and polymorphed into a gold bug (they eat gold you know, they are annoying in royal vaults). Then I went to LoEW with a girdle of greed and 6 209 925 264 624 gold pieces. I won't run out of food this time... ;)

I'm dropping gold to keep track where I have been. Mazer has now went further than the previous char: 3rd part of LoEW was similiar to 2nd, but stairs led in a different room than you came from. A certain staircase led always to the same room, though. And now I'm in a part where the floors are filled with junk items that are so heavy that you can't take them. Must have been designed for players who drop something else than gold:rolleyes:. I can still drop gold, but it must be dropped on (almost) every single tile, so they won't mix with pre-existing gold.

Elone
04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
We took a different turn somewhere. Did you start out chaotic? I started with L++ so I got an easy access to a tower. It's the ID. After chaos was vanquished after an ULE, ID reverted back to Tower of Order (ToO). That tower is damn huge! I understand how something can go 32.000 floors below the ground, but above it?... There's a plenty of Greater White Unicorns, Greater Blink Dog Scouts, and Shining Solars of Searing Light. They're all non-hostile because I'm of their alignment. Shops can be generated, but you better buy whatever you want while in there cuz once you leave, they're lost. Dont try to scum the stairs. I thought that it'd be as easy as in ADOM, but abuse of such can take away Tctr from you, and may give you a Rapid Teleportitis of Annoyment (similar to robbing shops in ADOM, you get Dooming of Cursing. but when you get these two, you'll wish you got dooming and cusing instead). There is a special level on ToO 132 that features reduction of corruption while you spend time on it. It also features balconies from which you can see most of the wilderness, and from which you can also jump off. For fun.

As a side note, Tower of Order is always visible on wilderness map. You can see it from anywhere, duh! While on the topic, I'll mention another tower.

The entrance line says, "You are overcome with old memories." and it's the Tower of Khelavaster II the Destroyer. The whole place is a huge flashback. At 2nd level I saw Emperor Moloch and got the quest (on sight) to slay it. By the time I got there, a neutral named WMoPC attacked it and killed it. I got the quest complete anyway, but I would have loved getting the experience from the kill instead. The WMoPC was named "LrIg yNiT" but otherwise looks like any other WMoPC. If someone can analyse the name, post it!! It looks oddly familiar, I just cant place it.

4th level had searing flames. I didnt explore it, of course! I rushed to the stairways which were generated in the room nearby. I ended on 5th level. I got two guaranteed artefacts there. I found the New Axe of Minotaur Emperor the Bullheaded (+36,6d11+18) [12.000s] but it autocursed and Holy water does not work, and its so damn heavy (help plz); and the artefact Big Lunch [800s] which you can feed from and it doesnt run out, but it consumes quite some game time, and you can be interrupted by monsters. My food worries are also over though.

I didnt go further because I wanted to go see as many areas as possible. I regret it now. If someone climbs the top of Tower of Khelavaster II the Destroyer, let me know. I'm interested!!

Sradac
04-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Looks oddly familiar too.... Tiny Girl? Hmmm wonder if the tiny girl was actually this wyvern originally, maybe she was there testing the heroes of the drakalor chain before to see who was "worthy"?

Laukku
04-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey, Big Lunch sounds excactly like something I need in the Labyrinth! No need to play as a gold bug now!:D I'm going to visit Khelly II's tower with my next char!

To get rid of the axe, you could polymorph into a creature that doesn't have hands. Get an amulet of polymorph control and drink from pools hoping for a poly effect. Be careful what you choose: worms are so weak that you can get crushed even with 100s. I suggest giant snakes.

I think the tiny girl thing was discovered in another forum years ago. HoF? Newsgroup?

Mazer has reached the end of the Labyrinths of EW... Past the final part where maps changed every once in a while. Found a message with the excact location of the Shield of invulnerability... duh. Now when I think of it, the cookie message and the NPC said "The secret of the Shield of Invulnerability is hidden in the Labyrinths of Eternal Wandering.", not the Shield itself. But now I can't reach the way out. I keep magically trapped there wandering in circles. Guess I should have brought some means of dispelling the curse with me. Back to the drawing board...

Ars
04-27-2008, 10:38 PM
The Labyrinths are a trickier place than I thought. The levels are non-teleport, non-diggable, don't allow magic mapping, and finally, NO monsters or items are generated there. I have been wandering there 3 days real time now, and my stomafillias are starting to run out (had 300 at first).They can be mapped by zapping the wands of Knowledge. At least I got one level mapped that way, don't know if there's some mechanism that allows it on some levels and stops it on others.

Laukku
04-28-2008, 01:49 PM
They can be mapped by zapping the wands of Knowledge. At least I got one level mapped that way, don't know if there's some mechanism that allows it on some levels and stops it on others.

Really? Maybe it is allowed on the first couple of levels, then it gets more difficult. First time I went there, the stairs were near to each other in 2 first levels, so I didn't try to map them. This is something that needs testing. Mappable mazes could even be a different branch inside LoEW.

Mazer has died officially now. I kept getting messages about feeling separated from the rest of the world, then got "You climb down the stairs. You were never seen again...".

Here's the .flg file:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot

############# ###
#<..........####.#
#####.#####......#
#.# #.######
#####.# #.#...#
#.....# #.#.#.#
#.###.# #...#.#
#i# #.# #####.#
### #.. ###
###

Mazer St: 2 Le: 0 Wi: 0 Dx:67 To:29 Ch: 1 Ap: 1 Ma:18 Pe:37 O U+
DV/PV: 46/28 H: 78(78) P: 144(144) Exp: 20/497251 LoEW M: 25362723256568

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventory
Total weight: 62099104622 stones Carrying capacity: 124198209230 stones

Head : -
Neck : -
Body : -
Girdle : blessed girdle of greed [+0, +0] [7s]
Cloak : -
Claws : -
1st Feet : -
2nd Feet : -
3rd feet : -
Missile weapon: -
Missiles : -
Tool : -

Stuff

Total weight: 62099104615 stones Carrying capacity: 124198209230 stones

Valuables ('$')
6209910461579 gold pieces [62099104615s]

His achievements during his adventures:

Mazer, the gold bug (air elf originally), was doomed to roam the Labyrinths
of Eternal Wandering forever.
He scored 130014 points and advanced to level 20.
He survived for 164 years, 247 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes and 10 seconds
(25362723256568 turns).
Mazer visited 72 places (239025 Labyrith levels).
He ended his adventuring life somewher in the Labyriths of Eternal Wandering.
898 monsters perished under his attacks.
He possessed the following intrinsics:
He was fire resistant.
He was poison resistant.
He was cold resistant.
He was lucky.
Fate smiled upon him.
He was able to control teleportation.
He was shock resistant.
He had a final speed score of 115 (final base speed: 115).
He was not particularly religious.
He asked for 1 divine intervention.
He had an alignment of Order and Uncaring.

Silfir
04-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I recently got it too. Great game. Anyone has any tips on using herbs there? Some fortune cookie told me "The key to omnipotence lies in the weed", and I'm really wondering whether it has to do with the herbs.

There seem to be a lot more types now, and the one I just ate apparently made my spleen explode and now I'm losing HP and the bleeding won't stop. I only have a liver figurine of wondrous power, so I don't know how I can solve this. YASD again, or do you have any idea? I've got some unidentified crystals, think I should use them? Maybe I already have one of the "crystals of uncertain fate". I heard they give you a wish instead of a gruesome death more often if I let both a chaotic and a lawful god bless them, is that true?

Elone
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
It's your own fault. A cookie message from ADOM once said, "Dont believe all they say." Identify all the herbs before you eat. Whichever you identify as a pansy, let me have it! I love them >.> And about your "Maybe I already have one", I can already foretell that you'll have the same luck as with the herbs - you'll use the wrong gem.

Silfir
04-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks, Elone, you're probably right. Oh well. Have to try the gem... Oh!

Quick - do I wish for "spleen" or "spleen figurine of wondrous power" or won't either work? Maybe I should wish for a bowtie of regeneration to survive the HP loss. Any thoughts?

Elone
04-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Wish for Health. Heals everything, including poison, broken boens, sickness, confusion, and the rest.

Of course, you could also wish for Wealth instead of Health. But of what good is money to a dead person? Keep us updated. Oh boy, I miss my old ADOM1. In ADOM1, everything was SOOO simple and easy...

Silfir
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks, that worked. But I lost some points of toughness nevertheless. Maybe it is because I have to live without a spleen now. I guess I'll retrain toughness a bit with morgia and regain my spleen later when I find a spleen figurine of wondrous power.

It got me thinking. If you have a sufficient amount of organ figurines, you can use the right herbs to let the organ explode, train up toughness with morgia, and then recover your organ with the figurines. Combined with sickness training, that should work wonders.

Anyway, I'm going to go look for the Chaos Orb of Elemental Acid. I was in there once before, but I died to one of the partially dissolved dungeon floor squares that let me drop into a pool of sulfuric acid... Man, I have never died to an ice bridge breaking in the first game, that one really pissed me off. Oh well.

Yeah, I know, if I haven't found scrolls of identify yet, it doesn't look good. You have to admit, they're really fucking rare. I read a scroll of amnesia three times - don't laugh at me! Haven't you seen that if you read one of these, all the labels get reshuffled? It blows! - and still none of my random scroll reading got me the identify one.

I'm really confident about the tower, though. I'm going to equip that artifact my carpenter got just crowned with: The Basic Morningstar. I greater identified it (I'm drowning in these right now, it blows), and it's an acid creature slayer! Hope to get spiffy results.

Elone
04-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Learn Detect Traps skill from head of the Thieves Guild, Silent Skriek the Sly Stealer.

Elemental orb of Acid did not appear in ADOM1. I KNEW that (because it was missing) Creator had bigger plans for it in the future.

Find a lot of stacked rings. Find the Spear of Raw Steel and dip some potions into it. You'll get Potions of Raw Chaos. Dip your stack of rings into it and it will hopefully create Rings of Djinni Summoning. Do NOT use blessed potions of exchange. All items you dip into them, will be cursed. And wands of wishing, spellbooks of Wish, and RoDS can never be generated this way.

Wish for Scrolls of Identify. Or dont! It could be fun playing with an unidentified inventory. If your level of mazochism is sufficient. >.>

Grey
04-30-2008, 10:10 PM
You went into the Acid Temple without a floating spell or an periapt of flight? Wow man, talk about making life difficult for yourself... I mean yeah, you could try the resitricted inventory option, but trying to get through without ultimatium plate armour (which weighs 3500s on its own) is suicide since the Greater Acid Vortices will melt everything else. And you *need* that protection against the numerous Chaos Monstrosities, not to mention the Devouring Chaos Slug.

I've just gotten myself into the biggest pickle ever in this game. Seriously, TB has a twisted mind with some of these quests...

Last game I had there was a cool dungeon I found late-game where I found loads of nice loot guarded by a balor and lots of powerful minions (ended up dying in the Tower of Order that game whilst doing the quest to revive the Chaos Lords). Decided to go that dungeon earlier on this game, but couldn't find anything in that part of the map other than a little town (which wasn't there last time - odd, I thought, since I hear in spite of random maps actual random towns won't exist till next version).

Well I went in and spoke to the town leader, who said his daughter had gone missing. No problem I thought, standard fetch quest - went off to find her. Shopkeeper told me a rumour about some cult to the west, checked them out, and sure enough the girl's at the bottom of the dungeon nearby. She was held on an altar of some sort with a bunch of mad goons chanting and stuff - killed them all easily enough (though one of them cursed my helm of farseeing and I had no holy water, so I was fighting blind till one of them dropped a scroll of uncursing). The girl was in hysterics and refused to move till I found her some clothes, so I stole one of the robes from a dead goon and brought her back to town... where they tried to burn her at the stake! Managed to rescue her from the mob (took some effort - she said at first she wanted to die, that she was unclean or something), and she asked to go to Ferston where her aunt lived. But when I got there she fell ill.

The aunt told me to take her to a healer in the city, but when the guy examined her it turned out she was pregnant... The girl confessed and told me she'd been raped by some sort of demon-god! So I followed the healer's quest to get some herbs to make some sort of abortion mixture (which had to be done in a certain number of days - don't even want to think about what happens if you fail that) and took it back. Girl drinks the mixture, starts screaming and wailing, and then dies (shit!) before a... thing breaks out. I'm suddenly getting messages saying "The demon foetus misses you". I pondered the ethics of this and decided it was best to fight back.

Big mistake.

"You hit the demon foetus. Suddenly you can't move! The demon foetus hits you. You drop to the ground. The demon foetus critically hits you. Your uncursed meteor steel armour is destroyed! The demon foetus crawls towards you, its tiny eyes glowing red. The demon foetus slowly chews open a hole in your abdomen. You gaze down in shock and horror, unable to move as the demon foetus slowly crawls inside you. As waves of terror flood your mind you pass out....

...You wake up. Your wounds have healed, but you have an unsettled feeling inside."

The status line has now updated to say.... "Pregnant" Oh dear... I decide to talk to the healer, which turns out to be a bad idea:

"Martis, the gnomish healer looks at you in fear. 'P-please, keep away!' You are about to tell him everything's okay when suddenly your hands move of their own volition. You hit Martis, the gnomish healer and critically injure him. Martis, the gnomish healer bleeds from his wounds."

Crap! I quickly change my inventory from the obsidian halberd Annihilator to two shields, but the healer runs out of the house. I exit after him and get the following messages:

"Martis, the gnomish healer screams for help. City guards appear out of nowhere! Martis, the gnomish healer dies. [+137 xp] The city guard shouts "Stop, criminal!" The city guard hits you. The city guard hits you. The city guard hits you. The city guard hits you. The city guard shouts "Stop, criminal!" The city guard hits you. The city guard misses you. The city guard hits you. The city guard critically hits you."

I'm low on HP, two guards are whupping my ass and five more are nearby. Had no choice but to heal and cast water ball on them (they all drowned instantly), and then the whole damned city became hostile! Managed to get to the edge of the city and teleport past the city walls (gates were surrounded by hostile guards).

So now I'm in a right pickle. The whole of Ferston is hostile (and I haven't finished the King's quest yet - no doubt that's not possible now). I can maybe get in and out using teleportation or the sewers and access the northern black market, but it's locked off a lot of things from me. But more frightening is that I have a demon-god child growing inside me! And my character's a bloke! Maybe a woman would have an easier time of this (perhaps even get a loving demon-god son out of the deal) but I can foresee big problems when this thing wants delivery. I keep getting fits that cause damage, and I'm getting stat reductions as I go along (major downage in speed and strength at the moment). Everything blessed I touch becomes cursed, which is a bloody nuisance and a half. I could maybe get more of the herbs that I used on the girl, but I don't have the healer to make me a potion of abortion and even when I tried it on the girl before she wound up dead.

Advice please? The is the furthest character I've gotten, even managing to kill the dark sorceror Yggaz and securing the Temple of Ice. I really don't want to die to some damned unborn demon-god!

riktikticheck
05-01-2008, 09:56 AM
well i have found that the Mad Mistress keeps a stack of potions of abortion around just in case, so maby try and swipe some off her - can't help you on the resulting death unless you manage to find a mule of life saving (said to wander randomly in the wilderness)
best of luck on your game. You might get the town people back to non hostile if you get the changed looks mutation, but i hear it rarely occurs. another option is to wish for plastic surgery, but i am told there will be a long time off sickness involved, and you might always die on the spot... your call

Narvius
05-06-2008, 07:32 PM
...interesting that you talked about it *now* - I met that mule just this moment!
It sent me away ("Return when you are in danger!"), although I had only 2 HP left and was poisoned! Definately a bug. But it seems that this mule stopped moving around - I had no time to check twice.

Elone
05-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Grey's quest is somewhat... disturbing. He must have had access to the quest editor. Cuz this isnt stuff that Creator would ever put into his game...

Laukku
05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Most interesting of all seems to be Sradac' find of the canyon. I would like to go see what's on the bottom, but neither was my level high, neither was my perception low, neither did I have climbing at 100, and neither was my willpower sufficient. If someone advances far enough to find out, post it here please. Maybe this seemingly newbie area actually has an entrance to a far more advanced place.

I tried different strategies to descend into that canyon today. I put on a ring of the bird and blessed it (stupid autocursing!). Then I stepped from the bridge. Everything went nicely, except that my wings froze and I fell to the bottom :(. Tested it also with cold immunity, but that can't prevent your wings turning into ice cubes either. And the ice is too slippery to climb with a climbing set. I have no idea how to get there... TB, give us some hints! ;)

EDIT: I figured it out! :D Just wear an amulet of life saving and jump down. You will be resurrected after you hit the ground! :D Unfortunately, I got killed soon by a Master Destroyer. There was a room full of them...

Elone
05-10-2008, 06:01 AM
Necromancy became available to more people, with inclusion of Spellbook of Deploy Undead. Casting had its problems, and after a hour of strategic deployment, they turned out to be more useful than they look. I'm an L girl, though. I'll leave it to someone else, keep an eye out, you may find this book.

I've read fortune which says more details about Red Rooster Inn, and powerful red weapons that are hidden there. They dont know that I already looted the Inn in JADE prequel!

This is a special item. I only heard of someone else finding it.
Phade Dagger (+99,1d4+99) [10s]
Every time you hit someone with it, it loses one to-hit and/or one damage. Autocurses everytime you hit a target.

Keep it up, there's lots more to be found.

Covenant
05-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Grey obviously took the girl to the cheap regular Healer as opposed to the one you rescue from the Gnoll slave cages (which was a twofold mistake, because you can pick up the Rune-covered Riding Crop at the far end of the poisoned squares near the 'Rubbish dump' end of their camp. It amazes me that so many people forego this - I understand that pets aren't popular, but I thought that was because of the difficulty involved in waiting for them to keep up? Hence TB putting in an artifact that for all intents and purposes is Nethack's Magic Whistle!)

Anyway, you take the girl to the healer you rescue from the gnolls, who asks for your most powerful item (No idea how they calculated that - the last time I played, he asked for my artifact gauntlets of flame. Which I wasn't happy about, because I wouldn't have gone through all the bother of reviving the Chaos Lord of Fire and choosing the Gauntlet reward over great alternatives such as the equally spiffy boots (Walking on lava! Makes the Temple of Doom a hell of a lot easier) if only to know I'd soon be foregoing all my 'Setting people on fire by punching them' powers in favour of 'giving people a nosebleed by punching them' powers. Bah, I hate being a Monk. And it doesn't seem to work if you drop everything - he still seems to pick a powerful item that you possess, probably based on how long and how recently various things have been in your inventory. Anyway, she gets healed, and the path remains open for the profitable King's Agent line of quests, which obviously closes if the girl dies.

Still, my own fault (and yours) - the little bint wouldn't have been demon-molested in the first place if you'd have gotten there within the first 30 days (they have to wait for the new moon to complete the ritual). Though that would have left you with very little time to learn how to take on a horde of thuggish cultists, admittedly. An alternative I typically use upon rescuing her is to 'g'ive her an amulet of lifesaving, then kick the altar - the little demon foetus bursts out of her in rage, and you have to fight it (Free Action, as you have learned, is a must), but she doesn't die.

As for YOU being a host to the foetus, no fear, there's an easy escape for your pregnant man-beast, Grey. I'm amazed you didn't realise it, actually, given that the preliminaries were there in ADOM 1.

Step One: Become Strained/Confused/Mad/Drunk
Step Two: Find some downward stairs
Step Three: Profit.

Should take care of your little baby problem, with minimal injury ;)

Evil Knievel
07-26-2008, 03:11 AM
Hey, after rescuing the old lady, the landlord gave me a HORSE to keep, if I could bring his girl back! I named it Willagar. Great: Movement points decreased to 400 base. Not so great: I fell twice and lost a LOT of HP each time. That's why you should train Horseback Riding beforehand. I entered the Darkest Dungeon, and read: 'you tie Willagar to a tree'. After returning, a bunch of grey gnolls where on him, and he could not even flee! Maybe, it's a random thing if you find the horse alive or dead or under attack when returning. Who knows, maybe dependent on the time having it wait. When exporing the Misty Castle Ruins and their underground prisons, I cast invisibility on Willigar several times. Maybe it stacks. When I returned, he was save - but invisibility had not worn off. I read "You hear a familiar snicker" or something like that. I cast permeating eyesight and rid off with him. Ambush by a band of robber barons! These guys lukily (and strangely) were no horseman. A little bit of fighting, and Willagar was bleeding. Really difficult with horses... When he panicked, I almost could not control him any more. "You try to sustain equilibrium... and succeed" or so, several times, and he just went in a random direction. Suddenly, a RB mage turned visible and struck a lightning ray - Willigar fell, I felt to the ground with him and lost a lot of HP. I quickly cast "magic mirror" and the next lightning bolt reflected directly into the guys face. The others were not a problem. As a quite arcane assassin, I simply caught them in Everburning Webs and listened to their dying shrieks, while being saddened about Willigars early death.
I think, that for saving the landlords daughter, a horse can be really handy - I failed there later on, when entering the city gates, she was wasted away by one last fever attack... so the alchemists will not generate the serum and I wonder if all the city will die - with me: I already have concentration problems: First, willpower and then dexterity started to dimnish slowly and rose again. It's now constantly oscillating in a slowly pulsing cycle. Inside the city random citizens lie dead on the street and rot. Can the landlord die, too? And the other NPC's? The alchemists tell me, that I am no longer useful in helping them find a cure, but there must be some way (to at least save myself..)

Silfir
07-26-2008, 09:11 AM
First, raze that city so the plague doesn't spread. I find it's best done by polymorphing into a magma giant.

After that you should try and get yourself a wish.

Or get rid of your kidneys with the right herbs. You need at least one kidney figurine of wondrous power after that to survive though.

Evil Knievel
07-26-2008, 01:42 PM
That figurines... since there are so many people dying 2 shops inside the city walls changed from mixed shops to figurine shops. However, all these figurines are cursed and there are rumors of ghouls roaming the cemetaries. Necromancers are also attracted. Perhaps the city would have gone down by itself. But then, I wouldn't have known how to go on. The last traces of the ancient basilisk end exactly at the landlords servants... Well, I impeded the disease from spreading beyond the city: Remember the archmage wandering before the tower of order? I did his quests, and the last one gives a flute as reward, and the archmage would grant "a great magic deed" when playing the tune. So i did right in the city center. The archmage suddenly appeared and asked: "What magic do you need?" - 'eternal timestop' (I love those oxymorons). How much of your power will you give? I gave 25 mana points to make the spell easily exceed the city limits. The whole city is frozen now, and nothing will spread.. apart from... I will look for a solution after having cured myself. By the way, I could have asked the archmage for cure disease... but well, too late. I also thought about a Acid Storm, to wipe out the city... but I am of the lawful kind, you know.
I robbed those figure shops, and blessed one of the heart and one of the liver. Both helped a lot, thanks for the advice. Permament HP loss is remedied and strength and toughness are up again. Willpower, dexterity and newly perception and learning do wild things all the time though. I think, there are no brain figurines? Of course, a wish would help, but you know, it is even more difficult than in Adom1 to find one...

Ars
07-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I tried different strategies to descend into that canyon today. I put on a ring of the bird and blessed it (stupid autocursing!). Then I stepped from the bridge. Everything went nicely, except that my wings froze and I fell to the bottom :(. Tested it also with cold immunity, but that can't prevent your wings turning into ice cubes either. And the ice is too slippery to climb with a climbing set. I have no idea how to get there... TB, give us some hints! ;)

EDIT: I figured it out! :D Just wear an amulet of life saving and jump down. You will be resurrected after you hit the ground! :D Unfortunately, I got killed soon by a Master Destroyer. There was a room full of them...This comes a bit late, but a solution that won't waste that AoLS I just came up: Ring of the bird + ring of fire to keep you unfrozen. Simple yet effective. This way you can also come out at any time you're in the open area and not being attacked. Not sure how one could get out using the AoLS method, but I have only explored a tiny bit of the caves of the canyon.

Laukku
09-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Help! I'm being attacked by spambots. They're spawning faster than I can kill them, and my inventory is being filled with junk. :( Can you give me any advice how to deal with the situation?

The spambot hits you. Your backpack feels heavier. The spambot spawns another
spambot! The spambot misses you.

#+# #####
#.# .....
#########C###################.#####
#.C.CCCC...........................
#.CCC@#####################.#######
#C..CC# #./......./.......
####### #########.#.......#.#####
#...../...#.......+.....
#...<.##################
#.....#
#######

Alexander St:16 Le:18 Wi:16 Dx:15 To:13 Ch: 9 Ap:17 Ma:18 Pe:20 L
DV/PV: 23/6 H: 30(61) P: 95(95) Exp: 11/28247 D: 8 Sp: 102
strained!
Inventory
<snip>

Scrolls ('?')
heap of 2 uncursed scrolls of darkness [4s]
heap of 4 uncursed scrolls of identify [8s]
uncursed scroll of monster detection [2s]
blessed scroll of protection [2s]
uncursed scroll of power [2s]
heap of 23407 scrolls of spam [46814s]

grobblewobble
09-27-2009, 01:57 PM
:)

The worst thing is that they get more experienced the more of them you kill. Characters in this situation usually end up being crushed by the weight of millions of scrolls of spam that all come from a single fatal hit of an extremely experienced bot.

fazisi
09-30-2009, 01:56 AM
I found a solution on my Mist Elf Shaman. I used the Torrent of Sorrow spell (it's the divine version of Improved Acidball) and throw it just one square away from me. Most of the time you just get gruesomely mutilated but if you are lucky, it will destroy heaps of your spam scrolls. The instant you are unburdened and have hopefully destroyed a couple spammers, just run! Keep running and never come back until you find some other way to handle them.

I found something interesting about the scrolls of spam though. In an attempt to get rid of some of the spam I used my scrolls of item destruction (which doesn't work, it just turns them into scrolls of incomprehensible spam which is perma-confusing ala IBM manual, I had to pray to Gaia to cure me). I also dipped some into blessed potions of exchange but they either explode because they turn into more scrolls of spam or they turn into tin of spam which is a food item weighing 4s each and was pretty satiating (two brought me from Very hungry to Satiated) but it had a strange effect on my character. After eating about 8 of them, I started getting messages sometimes when I got hungry saying "You feel a craving for spam." I could eat something else instead but after 3 times of ignoring the message, it changed to "You absolutely desire to eat spam!" and it wouldn't allow me to eat anything other than spam. I used my scrolls of satiation until I found another potion of exchange (I still had a few hundred scrolls of spam, could never get rid of them all). It also seems that by ignoring the cravings, it trains willpower but I don't know how to stop these cravings and I'm worried my character is going to starve once I run out of work arounds for this. Anyone have a solution?
________
Chloe Lamb Fucktube (http://www.fucktube.com/video/35628/masturbating-on-cam-while-singing)

Laukku
09-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I found a solution on my Mist Elf Shaman. I used the Torrent of Sorrow spell (it's the divine version of Improved Acidball) and throw it just one square away from me. Most of the time you just get gruesomely mutilated but if you are lucky, it will destroy heaps of your spam scrolls. The instant you are unburdened and have hopefully destroyed a couple spammers, just run! Keep running and never come back until you find some other way to handle them.

Thank you, but I don't have Improved Acid Ball. Any other solutions? :confused:
(This post was made just to bump the thread because of spam)

fazisi
09-30-2009, 11:57 PM
I had to start a new character since poor Misty starved to death. I completely avoided spammers like the plague (similar to how I avoid the plagued city like spam). I went to the City of Fourth Walls and was asking around about spammers and while most of the people either spit on you or run away screaming, there is a creature labeled "shifty-eyed fellow" hiding behind the grocery store. Normally, he just asks for gold to buy cigarettes but after asking about spammers, he says
"Normally, fervent prayers to yer higher powers solves them good but those gods just ain't listenin' teday..."
"...maybe yer gonna need to take matters into yer own hands."
"Get me some worms and bugs and other nasties we ken mash together into somethin' to spread around them spammers."
"Let's start with a strong base. Go find a corpse of one of them killer bugs."
"Make sure it's good and dead. It won't do much good against them spammers, but at least it won't do me over."
I haven't gotten enough deaths in my highscore list for the bug temple yet though so I don't know where I am going to find a killer bug. I tried the mossy canyon but the highest bugs I found there was the lumbering ladybugs and the boss bug, noisy mosquito.
________
Iolite vaporizer (http://iolitevaporizer.net/)