PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?

Sradac
04-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Well I just lost a character, and he didnt even die! My drakish fighter teleported inside of the dwarven mystics room, got 4 scrolls of chaos resistance and 7 potions of insight from him. Yay right!! NOOO!!! I wrenched my final charge from my wand of teleport to get inside the room. Made sure i had a wand of trap creation on me. I start creating traps in there after he leaves, This is what I got
####
#12#
#23#
####
1=water trap
2=fireball trap
3= covered pit.

I am officially screwed...I got no way to get outa here!!! What do I do? lol

EDIT-- Realized now I should have put a teleportation trap someplace outside and then saved my teleport wand for inside, but how was I supposed to know? lol Guess I can either let myself starve to death or kill myself with the traps to get on th high score. You figure if I prayed Issrecht would see oh wow that mortal is screwed he cant get outa that room, let me teleport him outa there. oh well.

Sradac
04-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Just put the character dump on YASD, go read it I found an amusing way to kill myself ;)

Grey
04-05-2008, 03:44 PM
There are some desperate tactics that you can employ. Zap all wands of wonder, and recharge them with any charging scrolls or applicable potions (booze, mana, potential mana, boost mana - bless them of course). Bolt spells from wands of wonder would likely kill you, so you'd be wise to make a closed door in the room to aim them at so they don't bounce. Use all your wands of monster creation in the hope of getting a pixie (corpse causes random teleporting) or a displacer beast (corpse will teleport, stun and confuse you). Finally if you have the Moon Sickle then dip it in potions to turn them into raw chaos, and then keep drinking them till you get the astral plane corruption that'll make you randomly teleport - will likely mess up your character severely, but it's a way out. Of course if you're on a corrupting level (D10 or lower - scrolls of danger can help) and have enough food you could simply wait till you get the corruption.

Good luck :P

Doalag
04-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Fireball traps don't have a chance to destroy itself or another trap nearby? I noticed that often exploding traps destroy them itself. To trigger a trap you have a shortcut, it should be Ctrl-t.

Grey
04-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Destroying the existing traps ain't gonna help. The trap patterns of a level are always set, so it's not as if he can make a teleport trap in its place (it would just be another fireball trap).

Sradac
04-06-2008, 07:28 PM
yep im never going in there again using traps unless its dwartown is on d11 mine was on d9, kinda weird thats the shallowest dwarftown has even been for me.

gut
04-06-2008, 10:47 PM
If your PC has a spellbook that is beyond them to
read, you can sometimes get a teleport from that.
Mostly, you will just get a fireball, or stunned,
but sometimes you get lucky.

Doalag
04-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Ha yes I forgot that trap pattern thing. :D