PDA

View Full Version : Repeat after me .... never again will I go to great undead vault!

kordi
09-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Hehe .... My level 32 drakish mindcrafter faund a great undead vault on level 45 of COC. I was so proud of him that I wanted to clear it..... and I did ... I have 37 lich kings on my account.... I found whirlwind and soaker in there .... both useless to me. In the process of clearing the vault I gained 4 exp. levels but I got TONS of corruption, got drained with every possible stat at least once, I asked for like 100 of divine intervetions to restore PPs and got some destroyed equipement and cursing of entire stack on the way ... oh ... and my favourite thing .... as it was late in the night I started being totally careless and the corruptions I gained forced me to go to white unicorn ... as I was chaotic first I had to convert. I dropped all my stash, but forgot about thick gauntlets hehe .... now I have 250 potions of poison. Oh, did I mention I also had mana battery corruption and forgot about it? :)

Fortunately I have two potion shops in COC. Otherwise I would probably quit .... looking for potions of water etc. is so boring. Also thank god it's a mindcrafter, mana temple, killing blue wyrm and emperor moloch will be quick and painless without getting many corruptions.

NEVER EVER AGAIN SHELL I ENTER GREAT UNDEAD VAULT! Repeat after me ;).

flibble
09-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Ouch. That's pretty rough.

I've never cleared an entire greater undead vault, but I had an archer with a big stack of undead slaying ammo who managed to partially clear one... and she walked away with Preserver and the Bracers of War. It really wasn't safe to try and finish the job, with three emperor liches doing non-stop summoning and no way to get a clear shot at them without teleporting into the middle of the whole mess.

phauli
09-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I share your pain! I cleared one with a beastfighter once :)

Krogg
09-19-2009, 12:16 PM
That sounds like it was rough. Losing a few stats isn't usually that big a deal, though. I've had the same thing happen with the potions [hits forehead]. It's always when I'm saving up the good ones until I've maxed my stats with herbs and gems, etc. I've generally had good luck with respect to what artifacts I've received. Sometimes I read a detect items scroll and if it looks too crappy and I don't need the levels I don't bother. Something to try. In general, I feel like the undead vaults aren't too bad now that their aren't ten emperors anymore.

kordi
09-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Ouch. That's pretty rough.

I've never cleared an entire greater undead vault, but I had an archer with a big stack of undead slaying ammo who managed to partially clear one... and she walked away with Preserver and the Bracers of War. It really wasn't safe to try and finish the job, with three emperor liches doing non-stop summoning and no way to get a clear shot at them without teleporting into the middle of the whole mess.

The thing is that it is doable my previous char cleared a vault with much less sacrifice. It was a gnomish thief. Yet I was much more cautious with that char. With this mindcrafter I went totally mad :). With the thief I was patient lured out the liches and killed them with unded slaying ammo one by one. With mindcrafter it was more like ... GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, prayer, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, prayer, , GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, , prayer,, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB, GTB .... melee,melee,melee,melee,melee,melee,melee,oh another lich king, GTB, GTB,GTB,GTB,GTB,GTB,GTB,GTB, prayer, melee, melee, melle etc. not much thinking really. Just acting :).
It was fun :D.

P.S.
I already have bracers of war and perserver ;).

modular
09-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Killing a greater undead vault > D50 or anything else. There is just so much fun in completing one of the hardest rooms in the game.

DumbleDoor
09-20-2009, 04:52 PM
never again will I to great undead vault!

gut
09-21-2009, 03:38 AM
I had an exp. level 50 troll druid do it easily. Dude was a tank though.

Zombie_Punk
09-21-2009, 06:31 AM
I cleared one out a few years ago with my winning priest. Had a good time doing too as I stomped it fairly easily. There was only one emperor lich.

vogonpoet
09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Check out the various lich counts on my ULE archer. (http://www.adom.de/forums/showpost.php?p=7147&postcount=3) The Emperor : Normal ratio is most gratifying. Two Greater Undead Vaults, a complete PITA, but very very satisfying to come through.

MrNiceguy
09-21-2009, 09:22 PM
I cleared one with my ULE Draking Priest. Mostly Fire Bolt and Improved Fireball, as I recall, plus a lot of bouncing Lightning Bold and Magic Missile to clear the lesser baddies. I think I also used the Priest "Destroy Undead" class power quite a few times.

I think there were 2 Emperor Liches, no idea how many Lich Kings. Don't remember the artifacts, either.

DumbleDoor
09-21-2009, 09:26 PM
The only greater vault I've ever found was one of fire dragons. It dropped Preserver, but I didn't find it :(

Grey
09-22-2009, 01:17 PM
The thing to remember is keep the hell away from the bigger liches. Blessed undead slaying ammo makes things much easier, though it does take a long time to plough through all of the summons. A couple of scrolls of peace before you begin helps cut down the corruption.

Silfir
09-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I recently did another of the damn things, killing lich kings and emperor liches, sadly mostly in melee using a blessed mace of disruption (which the undead kindly dropped for me). Got me bracers of war, but pretty much raped my stats. Currently debating on whether I'll rebuild them or just get it over and done with...

But that would require me to stop playing Mount & Blade. As of yet this is not an acceptable proposition.

boris_pankov@inbox.ru
09-22-2009, 02:26 PM
M&B is awesome )))

grobblewobble
10-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Right now I am doing a greater undead vault. This is the third time I try one, but it is the first time I seem to be succeeding. This is with a dark elf level 50 archer that just won the game. The level 50 archer classpower is incredible!

"You exactly hit the master lich and destroy him. You exactly hit the lich king and destroy him. You exactly hit the lich king and destroy him. The master lich summons some help!"

Way too much fun. :)