PDA

View Full Version : Starved and overburned in Munxip shop

Doalag
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Damit I hate this game! Starved in Munxip shop with more than money to buy plenty food but overburned, impossible to do an extended drop, just can equip some items and throw them except that don't have the time, not to mention I cannot pick a food in the shop and pay because if I do I'm overburned...

Ha well I finally succeed by throwing stuff, I almost failed because I go outside shop and drop all then came back take a food and realize I couldn't pay. Thanks I could drop the food go outside again, thanks nobody steal the money, pick it and go buy pay and eat an iron food.

At this point stats raised a bit from ST 6 to 10 (normal value is 15) so I suppose death was quite close. Now let see pick all stuff I thrown and what people steal. Anyway I like this game! :p

EDIT: I didn't even lost the glockenspiel and cooking set I had to throw, nor the armors and weapons.:D

BowenTheKotoc
04-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Perhaps you shouldn't carry so much around? You won't get hungry as quickly, either. :) Sounds like you got really lucky solving the situation, though.

Doalag
04-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I was going to stash stuff but the house in town I was going to use was occupied, then hunger came. At this point I just rush to shop and didn't saw the problem coming until I was starved just after enter in shop.

Yes I think I got a lot of luck because starvation lower your stats more and more and I think that when it stop lower them, at each turn you have a chance to die (not sure). At some point it was funny to drop stuff allowing me get a food but as ST lower, I couldn't anymore. Not to mention that throwing one stuff takes 2 turn and I wasn't sure if I was going to lost stuff on shop ground. :)

Elone
04-09-2008, 07:38 AM
The thing about ADOM is that no matter how many times you play it, there will always be something that will happen to you, that hasnt before. Especially the tense little stories like this. The Creator made a very non-linear and exciting game; I dont know if he's aware how much, though.

Doalag
04-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Yes I shouldn't be so much strained, I lost 1 DX point! Ha well it also makes ST points rise faster to 18.