PDA

View Full Version : Level up of 3 level, only 1 skills training?

Doalag
04-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Something very weird happened to me with my current char. I level up 3 levels at same time, but only get one skill training session (plus a talent). The worse is that it seems that Hits and PP also didn't get 3 rise but only one.

I can't be sure because I don't have any backup (and deeply regret it now) but I remind clearly having Hits at 40/41 at level 3, TO 14. And now level 6 plus one more level up to level 7 it's 52. For PP it's 49 when PP was around 40 at level 3.

Langar St:17 Le:15 Wi:12 Dx:16 To:14 Ch:16 Ap:12 Ma:15 Pe:14 NL
DV/PV: 42/7 H: 52(52) P: 49(49) Exp: 7/2804 UD: 7 Sp: 86

Is those numbers normal for those stats and level??

Elone
04-09-2008, 07:46 AM
It highly depends on your class. I thought that you'd notice the increase in those 3 levels (or the lack of it). If you skipped your skill increase, that can happen because none of your available skills can be increased at the time because of the limit. Maybe the limit can be pushed further by having a higher learning, but still. You said that you got no advancement in any way for 3 levels. I'd tell you to keep playing if you still have that character, see what happens.

Doalag
04-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Your explanation about the skills didn't work, I had most skills not at their max and with many dices. For my class it is priest, a Hurthling. It's clear I lost 2 skills level up because of a nasty bug. But I feel I also lost Hits and PP, perhaps even chance to hit.

I wonder why I didn't make a backup. :mad:

I won't drop this char, it doesn't have real problems at this point, but so low PP and Hits at level 7 is a huge disadvantage, I probably lost my time to continue play it.

Doalag
04-10-2008, 08:59 PM
So nobody can say me if those Hits and PP levels are standard for those stats and a Hurthling Priest?

Pustka
04-10-2008, 09:40 PM
there is no such things as standard hp and stats in ADOM :cool:

Doalag
04-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Ha well nice trick to steal me levels and hide bug! Go undocumented and everything is just features! :D

Epythic
04-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Ha well nice trick to steal me levels and hide bug! Go undocumented and everything is just features! :D

Of course its unfair - thats the whole point.

Whose signature was that?

Doalag
04-12-2008, 01:42 PM
The point isn't unfair or not, unfair isn't the base of ADOM, penalties and way to fight or remove them are the base of ADOM. That is just a bug or me that got blind during a short time (I doubt).

gut
04-12-2008, 09:52 PM
> I remind clearly having Hits at 40/41 at level 3, TO 14.
> And now level 6 plus one more level up to level 7 it's
> 52. For PP it's 49

When stats are low, you will notice only a small increase
in HP/PP's per exp. level gained. If your To and Ma stats
had been higher, the difference would have been more
pronounces. I can not be certain, of course, but I think
your HP's look normal, considering your To and exp. level.

I have experienced many exp. level ups, where the
skill increase menu was skipped, but never in the early
game. It always happened at much higher exp. levels,
almost always at level 30 or above. I haven't heard of
a bug like that before.

Doalag
04-13-2008, 09:33 AM
One I level up 4 or 5 levels at once and didn't lost a single skill level up increase. It's hurting because you aren't used to such a series so I'm pretty sure I got only one, then talent screen. Now the point is that I eventually believed I was level 3 when in fact I was level 5, well almost zero chance but possible.

For PP and Hits level if there isn't a random value from each level up then it shouldn't be a problem, but the game know do it differently, for example a part is dependent of level and stats but another part is attributed independently with a random value from eating some corpse.

Ha well.