PDA

View Full Version : Need an alignment boost!

Sradac
04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
So my hurthling thief is stuck at L and I want L+ for crowning. DId the healer quest and puppy quest didnt manage to save the puppy though. Did thrundarrs first quest as well. What can I do to get my alignment up? there werent any beggers in Laewenelworth to give to. Does giving bart the gladius bring up alignment? What about giving candy to children or blup? I only have one piece so its probably not worth it. Anything else I can do?

reich
04-09-2008, 01:59 PM
you are what level? doing the Dwarven graveyard quest in the right way gives you a big lawful boost

spectre
04-09-2008, 03:42 PM
If you have a whip, put it into your tool slot and use it for some hardcore emo action. Strangely enough it gives an alignment boost.
Also giving gold to the priest in dwarftown should help you raise it a bit.

Macros
04-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Before using whip, remove all armour, you need to have really low PV(so you'd be able to hurt yourself). For aligment boost, wear blessed amulet of order. Also if you have lot of gold, you can give it to beggars in Lawenithal(2k gp at once, no less).

spectre
04-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah, you need to do actual damage. If your toughness is so high that you actually receive PV (of it's due to some corruption) you won't be able to use it.

Another crowd favorite is to heal your companions with spells, but that's not really likely for a thief character.

Siriah
04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
If you have anything that decreases PV (some [0,-3] clothes, for example), you can wear it while whipping yourself. That should help if your toughness is so high you can't hurt yourself while naked. Have you done the sherrif's Hotzenplotz quest yet?

Sradac
04-10-2008, 01:58 AM
i want to kill hotzenplotz for the amulet, but im a bit nervous about it. While my weapon is pretty good it dosent do THAt much damage it just bypasses PV and I really dont have good armor at all yet. Graveyard will have to be it for me thanks.

Sradac
04-10-2008, 02:21 AM
Welllllllll that graveyard didnt work. This is the first time its happened to any of my characters in a long time :

Bilbo!, the hurthling thief, was transformed into a shadow.

Nurgle
04-10-2008, 09:48 AM
hmmm...

never saw that one before. being killed by a shadow turns you into one?

Macros
04-10-2008, 10:04 AM
I believe that you can be turned into shadow, when a St draining monster(like shadow) drains your St below 2. As for graveyard - I'm always going there when I have some decent PV. With 25 PV or more(20 should be fine too) monsters won't hit you too often, so there is no risk of draining stats.

Nezur
04-10-2008, 10:08 AM
I believe that you can be turned into shadow, when a St draining monster(like shadow) drains your St below 2. As for graveyard - I'm always going there when I have some decent PV. With 25 PV or more(20 should be fine too) monsters won't hit you too often, so there is no risk of draining stats.

Aren't they able to punch through the character's armour?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, it seems I read the comment carelessly.

Macros
04-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Sometimes they are, but it's very rare situation. Actually I don't remember when last time I lost some stats due to stats draining attacks on graveyard. If you have high PV, and be careful enough to not to be surrounded by shadows/wights, there is no risk in losing stats.

Nezur
04-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Sometimes they are, but it's rather rare situation. Actually I don't remember when last time I lost some stats due to stats draining attacks on graveyard. If you have high PV, and be careful enough to not to be surrounded by shadows/wights, there is no risk in losing stats.

Yeah, I remember losing a few points but it really doesn't seem to happen very often if you've got a decent amount of PV.

ancient karmic drake
09-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I had a normal dark elf beastfighter get turned into a shadow lord from a no hp death from a shadow lord

sorear
09-11-2009, 12:36 AM
i want to kill hotzenplotz for the amulet, but im a bit nervous about it. While my weapon is pretty good it dosent do THAt much damage it just bypasses PV and I really dont have good armor at all yet.

Don't attack Hotzenplotz in melee. Ever. And if you insist on trying, wait until level 25-30 first. Once poisoning is taken into account, his melee attack does on the order of 150 damage - and that's if you ARE resistant.

On the other hand, he can be easily killed with missiles (you'll need 3-4 skill to overcome his PV with standard arrows, remember to berserk) or bolt wands. Check his speed first; it's random between 90 and 110 and I've lost a few characters to unusually fast crime lords because I forgot to make sure I was faster.

Pumpernickel
09-11-2009, 07:29 AM

In my experience, 15 is enough for shadows and wights, but you'd better have decent DV - 35+. Y'see, if they hit, there's always a chance of a critical, either for extra damage or armour-punching (or both). So it's better when they can't connect in the first place. I also regularly shoot missiles at the stat-drainers in the graveyard, to reduce the number of attacks even more.

It's mainly a problem with fighter-types, though - afaik, a high Mana stat reduces the risk of stat drains (because the poor spellcasters are so disadvantaged that they need yet another free ride, on top of, say invisibility and bolt spells).

And, edit: For alignment boosts, you can also give food to beggars; that's a bit cheaper than gold. And as a lawful char, you could have gotten an amulet of law simply by luring Tywat Pare to Holeinthewall.

Soirana
09-11-2009, 12:33 PM
i want to kill hotzenplotz for the amulet, but im a bit nervous about it. While my weapon is pretty good it dosent do THAt much damage it just bypasses PV and I really dont have good armor at all yet. Graveyard will have to be it for me thanks.

iirc, one of problem is guy scores only criticals. Not sure if it si multipliers or Pv ignoring type crits although.

speciesxx
09-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Wanted to advice as well to get that amulet of order after killing Hotzi. Ranged attack and leave map if he comes close ;).

And... too bad the game ends when you are a shadow :(.