PDA

View Full Version : Pets trapped by a darkroom?

Doalag
04-10-2008, 12:53 AM
I just got a case I never seen before and I'm not sure how to manage this. There was a dark room. I light a torch and go next side with 2 pets. I turn off the torch, explore, it's just a small corridor and a room with no other issues. I go back and close to next room try to light the torch and no more tinder.

My character is a priest so dark can be dangerous for pets because move on them in the dark will attack them. Also I'm not sure but I think that in dark pets don't really follow anymore. Thanks I put stuff level before so I'm quite faster than pets. I can go through the dark room and pets will always be in the back and won't get hurt. But if they don't follow in dark they could stay here trapped.

I make them wait, one in the room and another in the small corridor and I go through the dark room. But now I don't know to handle this:
- I can get a second shield to wear two shields and be sure to not hurt them in dark. But I don't see how it can help.
- I have one pick axe but it is fragile and I already used it 3 times. So I doubt I could dig a tunnel to make an exit for the place where are the trapped pets.
- I could continue further and let pets here but well I'd like avoid it if possible.
- I could get back but I don't see the point. I don't remember any tinder/light spell/book or pick axe in HMV or Lawenilothehl shops. Well I could check that anyway but don't like the idea to lost plenty time.
- Perhaps make a pet wait at the door on one side of the room and go other side and order to come, but I think distance will be too long.
- Lol I get a nasty idea, I do the same than above but use a long range sling to hit the pet, it will attack but also come other side where I could tame again! :D

Ha well, have you any suggestion?

EDIT: Ha well I tried the first and more simple solution, go take a second shield to be safe, then take one pet and go through the dark room, the pet followed nicely. Also I quoted that stethoscope works in the dark, useful to check if something is my pet or not.

Sradac
04-10-2008, 02:01 AM
you could have also gotten a scroll/book of light they're pretty common. or even an amulet of light. tinderboxes arent all that common but wands/scrolls/and books of light are plentiful

BowenTheKotoc
04-10-2008, 04:14 PM
There's always the Phial of Caladriel...

Doalag
04-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Yes, I haven't the phial nor a book but perhaps a scroll unidentifed. Go take the phial was a little tough at this point.