PDA

View Full Version : At least he killed them all, right?

Ter13
04-11-2008, 01:18 AM
I just lost a character that was well on his way to getting half way through the game. I lost my armor to a rust beast, so I was having a fair amount of trouble with two werewolves that would not stop summoning help. I start this debacle at around 196 health. About 100+ wolves later, I get one werewolf down, and a jackalwere pops up. I dispatch about another 50 jackals, and the last werewolf, and focus on the last of the wolves and dire wolves. A master swordsman disarms me, and a pixie decides to grab my sword, and I lose it in the crowd, it teleported, I assume. I've got no weapon, and about a dozen more enemies left. I start doing the only thing I can, zapping wands, until they all ran out of charges, then I moved to throwing rocks and such, and finally, I just started kicking the last of the wolves to death.

After I kick the swordsman most of the way to death, I have about 5-6 hp left. He goes running off, and I take off back toward the stairwell, only to stumble into a falling block trap, and have my skull caved in.

I had to go take a break from ADOM for a while, after this one. Lost a level 15 character, an artifact-level sword, and a set of chainmail in ONE fight, am reduced to kicking things to death, and on the run back to the stairs, I stumbled into a trap, in an open room that I had already explored.

>_<

kupiko
04-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Lol good luck next time and try zapping wands first and concentrate with them on werewolves to get them killed asap and then finish off wolves.

Sradac
04-12-2008, 10:36 PM
also a good idea to always have a couple backup weapons. With my pure melee characters I like to focus on 3-4 different weapon types, usually swords, axes, polearms, and maces and flails. Then I try to find nice weapons of each type. Oh look that swordsman disarmed my sword, thats ok I have a nice axe im good with. Lookie there that rust monster just ate my axe, thats cool I got my trusty spear with some extra DV. Die rust monster, die!

Silfir
04-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Against one of those disarmer idiots, I usually just grin, take out my kickass bow and land an arrow right between the eyes.