PDA

View Full Version : rune covered club

Doalag
04-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I got in a shop a rune covered club. It isn't bad, it seems to be the artifact Skullcrusher. Damit I'll have to give up a second precrowning. It is almost cheap, probably not really useful, damages aren't that high. It's weird I hope I won't get one from a crowning.

Silfir
04-12-2008, 12:22 PM
It is a humanoid slayer. Very many of the dangerous opponents in the game are humanoid. If you've got high strength and/or the Basher, Powerful Strike, Mighty Strike talents, Skullcrusher is definitely worth looking into for that reason.

Macros
04-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Skullcrusher is actually one of the best weapons avaible in Adom.

-it's one handed, so you can use shield while wielding it
-it doesn't have bad damage
-it gives +4 bonus to strength
-it's humanoid slayer. Many monsters are humanoid(including almost all undeads, giants, constructs, demons and other tough opponents).

Doalag
04-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Really? Thanks to point it I could think to use more weapon of this type, after all it's priest dedicated weapon. I like a lot shield and didn't knew there was so few 1H weapons artifact.

I'd like also to add that unlike I wrote in fact it's not a bad thing for my future later crowning because I bet an artifact can't be generated 2 times isn't it?

Nezur
04-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I'd like also to add that unlike I wrote in fact it's not a bad thing for my future later crowning because I bet an artifact can't be generated 2 times isn't it?

Yep. An artifact cannot be generated twice.

Grey
04-13-2008, 08:48 AM
There are only 3 one-handed humanoid slayers in the game - Executor, Serpent's Bite and Skullcrusher. It's extremely lucky to see any of them in a game, and certainly well worth picking up. I'd be glad of finding it and not having to waste time on a second precrowning (which could turn out to be a bad artifact).

Doalag
04-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Cough cough, well time isn't a concern at my play level, but ok that was a great shop drop, the price isn't even high.

About artifact 1H there wasn't also the Scorched Spear? A weapon that sometimes drop in Lawenilothehl shop.

Macros
04-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Scorched spear doesn't have humanoid slaying. While it's still good for low/mid level character, it's very poor if compared to Skullcrusher.

Doalag
04-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Ha yes, slayer and most boss are humanoid, I see. :)