PDA

View Full Version : Finding an annis hag

dai
04-12-2008, 04:20 PM
My current game has stalled, partly due to a river in the druid dungeon, and partly because I need to find an annis hag to fulfill the dwarf eldar's quest.

The only way of finding an annis hag that I can think of (with no wishes) is wandering in the infinite dungeon, keeping above level 10 to avoid corruption.

Anyone got any better ideas?

spectre
04-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Stick to areas with high monster generation. The hag should plop up in the BigCavern above Dwarf Town. Otherwise, your alternatives are the ID, and the cavern in the puppy cave.

Truly desperate means involve wands of monster creation and looking for Wandering Wizards, but I think you should make do with the Big Cavern, unless you pacified it.

On the whole, it's not that you MUST complete the Dwarf elder quests, so don't let it stall you too much.

The ID is not a bad idea, problably you should be thinking about the Tower of Eternal Flames, so you might want to stock on a few necessities as you go for the hag.

dai
04-13-2008, 10:03 AM
They're all very good ideas, I'm always slightly nervous about the cavern levels, but my PC is good enough now not to be too worried about them. Since I'm over that side of the map, I'll try in the puppy cave for a bit, then go back accross to the Big Room, then give up and go down past the DH/AF split and have some fun.

Might even find an AoLS while I'm at it...

Doalag
04-13-2008, 10:09 AM
If you can remind where you already seen them in your game, perhaps it could help, but it's probably also level dependent.

Macros
04-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Annis hages aren't so hard to find. Best tip already was given - stick to big room or cave level in PC5, sooner or later you'll find one.

Silfir
04-14-2008, 10:40 AM
If your PC is particularly tough already, I feel the cavernous levels of the Tomb of the High Kings are worth a try. It provides superior loot and more XP, and consumes less game time if you can handle it.