PDA

View Full Version : scroll of item destruction/trapped armor

Doalag
04-14-2008, 12:08 AM
I wear a trapped armor, so I unworn and dropped everything and read a scroll of item destruction, nothing happened. Damit I should have bless it first?

Now the only method I know is as I'm lawful go to a gray altar and give a small amount of gold after to have remove anything but the trapped armor. Then I'll get inventory turned into dust isn't it?

I almost did it by a play error few time ago in this game by saccing a corpse to a white altar and forget I was neutral. Thanks I changed alignment and just get welcomed by the god that I was very close to before.

Elone
04-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Some may tell you to unwear all else, and go shower under an acid trap or something similar, like, fight an annihilator. For the scroll of item destruction to work, you need at least THREE equipped items. I dont know if artefacts can be used as the other 2 items, or if you have to put some regular items. I suggest you to try with the artefacts first.

Doalag
04-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Yes I though about using traps but I haven't found some of fire or acid, plus the hits aren't that high and I'd hate kill it like that! :D

I don't understand what you mean about scroll of item destruction. You mean that I must wear 3 items? I found a second scroll, worn 2 items and had one in pack, blessed the scroll and nothing happened.

Elone
04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
You need to WEAR three items. Like, armour, bracers, and weapon. Or armour, hat and gloves. The items in pack have absolutely no effect. Meow!

Doalag
04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Ok I see and the three items are blasted? Or only one choosed randomly? Ha well will be for next time, I took the opportunity of crossing a grey altar when I was L, drop all, remove all but the trapped armor and for care a SI in missile slot, then made a small gold offering... trapped armor turned into ashes. At next white alter I made some offering, and didn't even lost so many piety.

Still good to know how is working SoID.

Elone
04-16-2008, 10:17 AM
One is chosen randomly, giving you a 1/3 chance to kill the right item - Creator has a strange sense of humour.

Good luck on your journey.

Orbic
04-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Use (wield, wear...) 2 artefacts and the item to be destroyed.
Now these cumbersome "strange items" you've been dragging around come to be of some use ;)

Silfir
04-18-2008, 05:22 PM
NEW CHALLENGE GAME:

Dive down to D: 8 by all means possible. Beat the game dual-wielding sis once they're found.