PDA

View Full Version : back to adom

head2
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Yeah, after getting fed up with Diablo 2 and Oblivion once again.

So this is just a "say hi" -topic.

I hope to get more victorous characters this time. I had a gnomish monk who completed it and a gnomish merchant who ALMOST completed it. =(

Good to see there are official ADOM forums running now btw. :cool:

Travis Prue
04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi! Welcome to he- errr the forums <_<

Elone
04-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Who are you? I dont know you. You dont know who you are dealing with; leave before you get hurt. Life is cheap lately.

Err wait. I'm not on THOSE forums. By 'those', I mean there there's a plenty of hostile forums that I've been to. I'm happy that people are very nice here.

Oblivion sucks.

I got kinda bored of Diablo 2 after playing it for some 1000 hours with a single charater (barbarian) who literally ran over enemies til he got to Hell. I found the ZyEl mod for Diablo. I had some problems finding out everything about it, but once installed, it was like a whole new game, becoming... becoming something a bit easier than ADOM1 itself; other mods suck though (things i do while i wait for ADOM2...) Search for their Wiki online, I reccomend it (you may play when you get 10 consecutive deaths in ADOM and such.)

Oh and, since this is a 'say hi' topic, I'll greet back: Rawr to you too!!

head2
04-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Who are you? I dont know you. You dont know who you are dealing with; leave before you get hurt. Life is cheap lately.

Err wait. I'm not on THOSE forums. By 'those', I mean there there's a plenty of hostile forums that I've been to. I'm happy that people are very nice here.

Oblivion sucks.

I got kinda bored of Diablo 2 after playing it for some 1000 hours with a single charater (barbarian) who literally ran over enemies til he got to Hell. I found the ZyEl mod for Diablo. I had some problems finding out everything about it, but once installed, it was like a whole new game, becoming... becoming something a bit easier than ADOM1 itself; other mods suck though (things i do while i wait for ADOM2...) Search for their Wiki online, I reccomend it (you may play when you get 10 consecutive deaths in ADOM and such.)

Oh and, since this is a 'say hi' topic, I'll greet back: Rawr to you too!!
I've been on numerous "hostile" forums as well, Diablo 2 forums mostly.

I used to play the mod 'Median 2008' for a while, it was quite fun, i've also heard about this ZyEl-mod but never bothered to download it.

Battle.net ate my interest after a couple of years.

@ADOM: my female dark elven assassin was killed by a ghul in a small cave at level 6, got crowded and paralyzed in berserk-tactics. I also noticed that i had had a scourge of slaughtering in my inventory 2d5+5 or something like that, unused. Better luck next time.

p.s. What is this ADOM2 you are talking about?

rmcin329
04-15-2008, 11:05 PM
JADE is the codename for ADOM 2.

Sradac
04-15-2008, 11:13 PM
All I got to say about oblivion and also morrowind is the melee combat was totally broken in both. In morrowind the melee was way overpowered at high skills and a good weapon you can kill almost anything in a few swings, but in oblivion i felt it was way UNDERpowered. Even at high skills every single swing gets blocked and you stagger back making it feel so damn slow and boring. magic and archery all the way for me in TES.

Doalag
04-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Is this the 1mn out of topic subject, out of forum subject? Let me catch it, I don't understand why so many people quote those CRPG, Morrowind wans't that bad but neither that good. Gothic 2 played with its addon NOTR, that is a great CRPG, the sword fighting is totally great and the depth amazing.

Elone
04-16-2008, 10:04 AM
I know, it's my fault - but this topic strayed into a wrong direction. This is not a forum for such other games (and even then, i say that adom is more fun than them). I wont tell you what you can or cant do... but it will spark an argue sooner or later if you keep talking about games that we have very divided views on. On the other hand, we all like ADOM, and this is what we should mostly focus on; it will guarantee some nice time for everyone.

I say this in advance because I've seen threads like this before.

Well, I'll go enjoy my life in the Arcadia now.

Silfir
04-18-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't think there's much risk in discussing computer RPGs here. Even in the worst case, it will boil down to the parties agreeing in the end that ADOM is best anyway.

Doalag
04-18-2008, 06:42 PM
I have to admit that Adom has something unique, but really is this game Adom/Guidebook or Adom alone. Alone it isn't high at all in my scale of favorite CRPG, with both it's a strange game but much higher on the same scale, still not my top. My top could be something like that (but ever changing):
- Gothic 2 with its addon NOTR
- Fallout 1
- Ultima Underworld 1
- Dungeon Master
- Gothic 1
- Ultima 7
- The Witcher
- Adom with Guidebook
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
- Neverwinter Nights 2 OC

Ooops sorry, Adom isn't my top 1 yet but who know, I could change when I'll have play more.