PDA

View Full Version : interesting

riktikticheck
04-20-2008, 09:42 AM
reading the guide i get a distinct notion that there is a beehive on a level prior to the banshee level, in my current game it is not so, alsi i forgot to get the climbing gear from the pyramid when i started so prolly i will have to get it from the gremlin cave i guess.. lucky me i am a necro and i have about 6 books of light so i think the castings will suffice :D ofcourse potion of deaftness would work too, none of those eighter :D

other than that i just killed the fire guardian with lightning bolt and have had deadent enough luck

Doalag
04-20-2008, 10:05 AM
What's the link with the gremlin cave and the pyramid with a bee hive? Both are a guarantied source of a climbing set but not of a bee hive. It's because you'll be able to find something in the library?

riktikticheck
04-20-2008, 10:16 AM
yeah no link there, was just contemplating the ring of the high king, as that would soon ne an issue, just now need to get something to make me deaf.

as far as i get it one option is just do dive into infinite dungeon and hope for a hive ar some potions to deafen myself, or did hives spawn in ID?

i coud always start pumpping the fool for random potions too - one could get lucky

and that i did, got the potion, so down to banshee we go..

riktikticheck
04-20-2008, 10:45 AM
or that was a stupid death, i blessed the potion of deaftness and tadaa it doesn't deafen me..... :/ then i do notice this before confronting the banshee, so i remember that a weddingring does the trick too, but then i die... - oh right i was female.... -

Doalag
04-20-2008, 12:47 PM
I read in another forum some very advanced tactics to manage it without the ear plugs or deafness. All in all it is based on:
- Getting a very far range for spells with potions/items that increase WI.
- Enough monster detection spelling (scrolls/wand + booze potions).
- Enough spells that can go through walls and doors like ball spells.
- Some teleporting abilities.
- Eventually some reveal map spelling to make it safer.

I let you imagine the complex and dangerous method by combining those elements. :D