PDA

View Full Version : Experience

Terlob
04-22-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm currently playing as a trollish healer (I really want an ultra ending :P) and I'm going alright so far - got the Medal and Crown, just waiting for experience level 45. Any ideas on how or where to get a lot of experience? Not many monsters are a problem for me anymore.

habanero
04-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, if you're feeling confident and have a wish to spare, you could wish for the emperor moloch. I've done that a few times when in need of exp. One of those times ended up dead though :p

Silfir
04-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Wish for the emperor moloch in a wilderness level, so you can escape if need be. Since greater molochs can't swim, you might consider positioning yourself atop a single ice bridge square in the old barbarian's glade surrounded by water, and then kill the monstrosities with Magic Missile.

Macros
04-22-2008, 03:32 PM
If you don't want to waste a wish, you can always go to blue dragon caves, and hunt some ancient blue dragons(for better effect, wear boots of slow shuffle(if you have them) and cast slow monster on yourself(if you can). Advancing to level 45 still may take a while(especially if you're playing troll) though.

Kato
04-22-2008, 05:43 PM
If you don't want to waste a wish, you can always go to blue dragon caves, and hunt some ancient blue dragons(for better effect, wear boots of slow shuffle(if you have them) and cast slow monster on yourself(if you can). Advancing to level 45 still may take a while(especially if you're playing troll) though.

Where is the blue dragon caves? Or are you referring to the place where Blup's mom is? I've never actually been there myself. ahahaha

Jonas
04-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Where is the blue dragon caves? Or are you referring to the place where Blup's mom is? I've never actually been there myself. ahahaha

the blue dragon caves are a branch off the main dungeon (late game)

Macros
04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Entrace to blue dragon caves can be founded in UL, just before mana temple.

Ars
04-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Next to the Ancient Karmic Wyrm. Also after you have killed the blue wyrm for him, you can kill the karmic wyrm himself for more XP.

Grey
04-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Make sure you do all the extra arena fights - some of them can provide monsters that give decent xp. Kill all the guardians on D48 too, they're worth a few million. Killing Blup's mom is dangerous as hell, but if you can do it then go ahead (she can't fight back in darkness by the way) - she's worth l=plenty of xp. You could dive to ID 41 and keep hopping up and down the stairs waiting for messages of "you feel threatened" or "you sense a certain tension". Only worth battling them if they have decent xp-giving monsters though. I got a troll to level 50 that way once...

As has been said, slowing yourself down before striking the killing blow on something can hugely increase the experience gains.

warheart
04-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Make sure you do all the extra arena fights - some of them can provide monsters that give decent xp.

Ye, although it can be a littlebit dangerous :P My last good char was finishing arena fights being lvl 24 more or less (a gray elf ranger), and had to face a greater moloch in the arena :P Luckily I had some good arrows and a phase dagger, but when I first saw it I thought it was over.

Grey
04-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, very true. Even the regular creatures in there can be SMC-style difficult. Last time I was there with a level 50 troll I battled a grey ooze that had a bloody tonne of hp and when finally killed gave over 250k xp.