PDA

View Full Version : can somone please tell me how to cure sickness?

jewbnuts
04-28-2008, 10:48 AM
i looked at most of the mini faq on the game, and stuff, couldnt find it =/ can anyone help me out please =D

spectre
04-28-2008, 02:00 PM
One way to cure it is to wait (however, this may take long, anywhere from 10 to 180 turns), if you have the healing skill it is a bit safer, but you always should do it where monsters won't bother you, since sickness effecively halves your HP.
This has an advantage in that it may cause a Toughnes increase later on.
Other than that, the 100% proven way is to eat a Curaria Mancox herb, if you have some, as well as the Cure Disease spell and Paladin's class power.

Eating a Fairy Dragon corpse should cure sickness as well, but this one is really marginal, Potions of Ultra and Extra Healing _might_ help, but I am not 100% positive on this.

Praying doesn't seem to help, though, as it simply refills your HP.

Elone
04-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Healing potions are good too!! I often used them to heal my sickness, mostly in Pyramid, when I had seveal of these, but havent bothered to pacify BigRoom yet. I dont know if they have to be blessed - I always blessed mine, because I couldnt afford the risk of a non-blessed healing potion failing to heal me (i didnt have limitless amounts of them, mind you). All three levels of potions can cure sickness like this.

jewbnuts
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
thank you =] was having big problems with "sick"... ended up giving up any time i would get sick. lol.. iv never seen it cured b4 untill today o_o...

Silfir
04-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Praying CAN help. It refills your HP, but if it is near max I've seen it cure sickness too. One thing to try, definitely.

And I don't know for the life of me why no one has even mentioned Jharod yet. In case of early game sickness, he's the first solution my thoughts turn to. All my efforts then are to survive until I can get to him. I've saved characters from the brink of death that way.

Don't do the Keethrax quest as a beginner. Jharod is too valuable.

jewbnuts
04-28-2008, 03:00 PM
whats jharod? i dont fallow i dont really know any npcs that arn't in the 2 first towns...

Jonas
04-28-2008, 03:20 PM
jharod is a healer located in the quest dungeon given by the village elder,

Elone
04-28-2008, 03:47 PM
You can only get one quest: Either from Rynt, or from the Druid. Whoever you first talk to, will give you a quest. That means that you cannot do the other one ever, during that game. You should do Rynt's (and Jharod's) quest, so that you gain the skill of Healing. That skill also greatly helps you endure a sickness. By the way, Sickness most usually lasts for a thousand turns, then it goes away; it's nothing permanent. Good luck in your adventures!

Grey
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Praying works if you do it twice in a row (once to get your HP up and the next to cure the sickness). You need to have high enough piety for this of course.

Any form of healing potion will always work when blessed. If uncursed a normal potion of healing has about a quarter chance to cure sickness in my experience.

Waiting out the sickness will always work, but the last "fit" you have takes off a huge block of hp, which will instantly kill any low level PC. If you have over 50 HP left before the last fit then normally you'll survive.

Silfir
04-29-2008, 11:12 AM
That last feverish fit isn't guaranteed. Sometimes you'll only suddenly get "You feel much better" and be cured without taking extra damage. Not something to risk if you can help it, though.