PDA

View Full Version : Istara HATES me.

Ter13
04-29-2008, 09:37 AM
So, I'm L+ and my deity is Onn. I convert a black altar to a granite altar, and still have issues sacrificing creatures with this altar. Am I doing something stupid here? I have the feeling I'm trying to sacrifice neutral beings to a neutral god, or something. She keeps turning my stuff to dust. (Luckily I am eccentric, and wore a special sacrificial robe, just in case).

I turned a Black altar into a granite altar using a Goblin. It's really odd, I have a lot of trouble with religion in this game, and the guide is really unspecific as to which god is which, and what alignment monsters are... =/ Any tips here?

Siriah
04-29-2008, 10:40 AM
It's quite obvious if you're sacrificing monsters of the same alignment as the altar's god because the god will call you a defiler. Most monsters are either neutral or chaotic, with animals being neutral and things like lizardmen and kobolds being chaotic. Goblins are chaotic so that shouldn't be a problem. However, if you get really popular with one god, the other gods will start to hate you and might do stuff like turning your equipment to dust when you sacrifice to them.

If you want to sacrifice to your lawful god, you don't need a granite altar but an ivory one. White is for lawful, gray is for neutral and black is for chaotic.

Grey
04-29-2008, 01:00 PM
One problem could be that if you're not at a very low level the requirement for converting an altar (since you'll want to convert the grey one to a white one) will be very high. A simple goblin sacrifice might not suffice. You might need a large offering of gold instead (5k or so, or maybe more). After that you'll be able to sacrifice on your new white altar more freely.

Ter13
04-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I bought a white altar for the low, low down-payment of 3000 gold. I figured it out about two hours ago, and got massively distracted by the Chaos Dungeon. =/