PDA

View Full Version : wands of wishing

Jonas
05-03-2008, 07:58 AM
hehehe, my current char is getting very lucky... right now my lvl 24 orcish barbarian has found not one, but 2 wands of wishing... this is on top of a wish I got from a pool (I got lucky from that pool, got both invisible (intristic) and see invisible from that pool too, and it tried to poison me twice :D)

some basic info as of right now:

Cold bold St:41 Le:22 Wi: 8 Dx:43 To:25 Ch:16 Ap: 7 Ma: 6 Pe:19 L+
DV/PV: 67/36 H: 343(343) P: 33(33) Exp: 24/2793205 D: 45 Sp: 154
Blessed Invisible Satiated

weapon skills:

Clubs & hammers 13 +14 +10 +4 Mastery 3400
Pole arms 9 +9 +5 +10 excellent 539
Shields 11 +22 Mastery 2121

Equipment:

He: uncursed helm of leadership (+1, +1) [+1, +2] {Ch+6} [100s]
Ne: blessed ankh [3s]
Bo: blessed red dragon scale mail (-1, -4) [-1, +13] [220s]
Gi: blessed girdle of carrying [+0, +0] [15s]
Cl: uncursed cloak of adornment [+3, +2] {Ap+4} [40s]
RH: blessed rune-covered club "Skullcrusher" (+12, 3d6+2) [-3, +0] {St+4}
LH: uncursed tower adamantium shield (-2) [+13, +5] [108s]
RR: uncursed ring of the master cat [+0, +5] {Dx+16} (+16 spd) [1s]
LR: blessed ring of ice [1s]
Br: uncursed bracers of toughness [+0, +0] {To+4} [10s]
Ga: uncursed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] [10s]
Bo: blessed seven league boots [+1, +0] [30s]
MW: uncursed long bow (+2, +2) [30s]
Mi: bundle of 11 uncursed arrows (+1, 1d6) [22s]
Tl: uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire {St+10} [100s]

and the wands:

cursed wand of wishing (3 charges) [3s]
wand of wishing [3s]
wand of wishing [3s]

any idea how I should use my wishes? I will probably go for the eternium tower shields. As far as where I am in the game, I am just finished the earth temple, and I probably have been diving too fast (my playing style). Oh and I also got detect traps from an education scroll early on too :D. But still no teleport control yet, I was trying to get the platinum girdle, but I accidently backstabbed a friendly werewolf lord on the water temple...

This char is looking good, and if I win it, it will be my first genuine win, as I have beaten the game (4 or 5 times), but only with save-scumming.

oh, and maybe the reason I am getting lucky is that my luck is enhanced once and fate smiles twice.

Pustka
05-03-2008, 08:28 AM
nah eternium shield wont be much better then yours.

i would wish for hmmm SoCR. maybe willpower as it would rais your hp and help u fight Nuurag-Vaarn. or
maybe couple !PoGA.

im looking forward for your YAVP or YASD post :D i want to find out how this char managed Nuurag-Vaarn and Fistanarius >^_^<

riktikticheck
05-03-2008, 08:55 AM
well if you run into a valut of giants don't hesitate to wish for ring of weakness for a good str boost, wishing for stats is not a bad idea eighter.
you can also wish for slaying arrows if you run low on them - same goes with corruption controll.
also to be considered - some missing skills, depending on race find weakness concentration atleast worth the wish imo :D

Jonas
05-03-2008, 09:22 AM
whew, that level took a while and many prayers... taking on great red worms without a melee slaying capability is kinda rough, and the rewards were not that good, I was hoping for the crown and protector, but got the black tome and long sting :( maybe next vault...

so I also wished for a girdle of giant strength as it is about the same as the carrying, and I did wish for concentration, so now I am more versatile :D now only 8 more wishes left (even after I foolishly wasted one of them)

so that gives me a total of 5 wishes used so far (including pool)... so yeah, I am thinking of wil and some SoCR, now just to go back and make more holy waters (out of the 4 random shops generated so far 3 of them are potion stores, so I have been buying out their waters)

on the plus side, I am now level 40, I just finished that greater vault, which was where I found 2 of the wands of wishing. (jumped from character level 24 to character level 40 all in that one dungeon level)

riktikticheck
05-03-2008, 11:35 AM
hehe wouldn't know, the only times i have killed greater wurms i have never had any kind of slaying power awailable :D
the stat draining succs but othervice they aren't all that bad ;) killed the fire one with 2 different guys, the cold one with 1 guy and even wasted a kharmic one with ordinary rocks :D way to go whirlwind and about 59 dex (sling skill at 5 i think)
never did it the easy way i guess :p

oh another thing you oculd with for is scrolls of defence/protection, if you want to pimp your boots etc

Ars
05-03-2008, 03:22 PM
How come you have such a low willpower? Haven't you got morgia?

Jonas
05-03-2008, 03:26 PM
lets just say bugs kept it low, but I have eaten ~50 blessed morgia roots, and still have some more uncursed ones

gut
05-03-2008, 05:29 PM
One thought to consider, is to wish for the alchemy
skill. Since you have RDSM, that would open the
door for 'offensive alchemy' opportunities. Also,
there are other useful potions you can brew up.
Longevity and youth would be helpful for an orc,
also blindness, and extra are helpful to any PC.

Bracers of resistance would give an extra source
of death ray resistance, but you might not really
need that. Really, that would only be beneficial
if you planned on smithing them up.

Jonas
05-03-2008, 05:56 PM
well, I have spent 3 of those wishes on SoCR just to be safe...

Nuurag-Vaarn and Fistanarius were pushovers, with Fistanarius bieng the harder of the two.

Nuurag-Vaarn died in 2 hits (1 tremendous + 1 missed tremendous + 1 crit) and Fistanarius only took me down to ~900 hp, now I am debating whether or not to finish D50 or not. I only need ~5500 more hits for grand mastery too, and I do want that because it is fun :D.

and riktikticheck, what level was that char? mine was taking them on at lvl 24, which made it harder...

Grey
05-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Wow, pretty nice going. GoGS was definitely worth a wish, but I'd have to say Concentration less so for a barbarian. Good job on beating Nuurgy and Fisty! Definitely clear all of D50 - it's just satisfying. Be careful with the ghost lords though (thankfully they can't see invis, so if you can one-hit kill them you should be safe).

Jonas
05-03-2008, 08:19 PM
ya, I probably should have gone alchemy instead, but hey, I still have a few wishes left so I could keep wishing for it to get it maxed... but meh, off to start another char

riktikticheck
05-04-2008, 01:50 PM
well he was between 20 and 30, he went to D50 al 40 and finished at 45, cause i didn't feel like stalling and wanted to try to actually win the game :D
the bard didn't find anything better as a weapon than an eternium sword of devastation, wich ofcourse was nice enough

just now i finished the second win ever for me altho he was 50 when decending to D50 mainly decause he ran into a balor room, and some dragon minor valuts.

Shael
05-06-2008, 05:41 AM
save some wishes, if you try the ultimate ending you really want to wish some speed when in the final meeting