PDA

View Full Version : I don't think this has ever happened before...

Maul
05-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Lvl5 character happily wandering through the VD. Entering level six I encounter a black wizard. Well, the old fart was nice enough to spawn a load of ratling fencers and then a load of trolls. :) Well, I was a human fighter with not yet enough equipment to withstand a load of trolls nor enough skill not to be disarmed by the fencers. I decided to run for it. I just got out of the ring of monsters summoned, though a fencer DID disarm me. Uh oh. Well, I whipped out the club (+0, 1d6) I somehow had in my inv...
The fencers and trolls, along with the wizard, could not be shaken off. I was trying to find a way to go around. Meanwhile, I kept getting a lot of "You sense taint in your vicinity" messages. I was running down a corridor, and a hobgoblin was running at me. Then he stepped on something.
He transformed into a freaking WMoPC right in front of my (and the fencers'/trolls') eyes. GG.

Nezur
05-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Sounds like the RNG was not feeling cooperative.

Maul
05-03-2008, 05:41 PM
You can say that again. Funny thing is, I just started a dark elven archer right now and one of the raiders at Kranach's decided to drop 20 arrows of slaying.:eek:

Grey
05-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Swings and roundabouts, haha...

It's annoying when a pet gets turned into a WMoPC. I remember hearing there's a special message when that happens to the cute dog.

Silfir
05-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I've had it happen to the cute dog, too. If I actually cared for the little bugger, it would've broken my heart.

It's actually a realistic danger: The cute dog doesn't need much corruption to transform. In fact, I suspect even the slightest taint of chaos will do...