PDA

View Full Version : Animated forest and rng

warheart
05-05-2008, 03:46 PM
So I was about to do the animated forest quest with my wizard, cast invis, go down, and feel a surge of power. Really nice, never happened to me in that level before :P Had to teleport the named chaos spider though, don't want to start killing lots of trees now. Got protector, really imba :)

Maul
05-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Lucky! Well, I did get the robes of resistance from a berserker king in the pyramid level 3, so I guess that's not too bad either. Funny thing was, I was going to the stairs, but there was the king next to me, so I thought, "meh, why not scorch him".

riktikticheck
05-05-2008, 05:11 PM
i got surge of power in d18 i think, the executor, and before that mu drakish paladin managet to get bracers of war when practicing pickpocketing for detect traps :D
RNG pays back tho, while going to het the high kings ring when i come down the stairs i have a lightning wortex explode in my face - i am fine but my only climbing gear took the fall for me, so now i am trying to get clibling to 100 for rift in the cavernous levels or happening on a source for a wish... got climbing cap to 100 by digging up the first level of the dungeon with pits ;)

warheart
05-05-2008, 08:49 PM
The char is going really nice at the moment, it seems it could be a game winner. Just got RotHK and got crowned neutral with fire immunity (ToeF, fear me!) and sun's messenger. Did pyramid and dwarven graveyard aswell in this trip outside CoC, so now I'll do the water temple and hopefully I'll get a ring of ice or a wish. The only bad thing until now has been a destruction eye who took out my girdle of carrying, but it's just a minor thing.

riktikticheck
05-06-2008, 01:05 AM
well reading the spoilers goimg to the rift to get the climbing set wouldn't work as you need a set to get there, and as such my problem would allready be solved wouldn't it ;)
so any ideas guys, lost climbing set in freak accident (i blame executor :D) is there any better way than to trying to find a way to wish in the cavernous levels of the tomb, soon i will be 22 then i could clear the minotaur maze too, dunno if i can at 22 tho...
well seems you can fall down the rift with no climbing gear, so now off to fing the ratling so i can get on with the game ;)

Grey
05-06-2008, 05:18 AM
I got trapped in the Rift once with the ratling dead and had to spend ages pickpocketing till I got a RoDS for climbing sets. Make sure you have enough money before entering the final Rift level, and make sure you don't let anyone kill the ratling dealer before you get to him!

Elone
05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Why havent I gotten a surge of power in past 3 years of playing? Talk about RNG.

warheart
05-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I got the message many times, just never before in the animated forest. With my current char I've found 3 random artifacts actually, not only protector in that surge of power, but whirlwind and long sting in lesser vaults, and still have many things to do (just finished library after doing ToeF).