PDA

View Full Version : Teleport

Aerudaer
05-06-2008, 05:13 AM
I just started a new character, a Gray Eleven Wizard and was doing the puppy cave. I ran across my first blink dogs and, after killing quite a few of them, and getting too close to death myself, I killed the very last one. No corpse, but he dropped a book of teleport instead. I'm still happy.

Now, I'm not. Killed on the same level in one hit. :(

Elone
05-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Will you try the same game again? (race/class/quests)

Aerudaer
05-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Yes. At least two thirds of my characters are wizards and they are the only class I have gotten past lvl 13 or 14. I even won, admittedly save scummed, with one once. I don't save scum anymore but was glad to see the content at least once. The vast majority of my wizards are all grey elves. I usually go for the UD or PC first. I sometimes do the druid quest first for variety if I start with some really strong spells. I get way too bored in the infinite dungeon and have only tried to scum it once or twice. I play too carelessly but if they last the first few levels then I can usually get them a good distance into the caverns of chaos.

Grey
05-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I recommend gnomes for a tougher wizard that's still good at spellcasting, but I wouldn't do the puppy quest - it kills far too many weak starting characters. Gnomes gain levels fast, and it's best to concentrate on this initially in the early levels of DD. Going for a UD run early can lead to some nice results with a bit of luck, though door traps are a huge nuisance (starting with Knock would obviously help).

Starhawk
05-06-2008, 11:27 PM
And besides, if you are quick about doing DD, you can hustle back to the puppy cave and still rescue the puppy in time -- much easier with a few extra levels and a new spellbook or two from DD.

Aerudaer
05-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I have never really tried gnomes except as a few bards to get as many talents as I could. I'll try one of those next and see how it goes.

Silfir
05-07-2008, 12:44 PM
If you've gotten your wizard to 13 or 14, you don't need a gnome, you can get herbs. You are getting the herbs, right?

Aerudaer
05-07-2008, 10:49 PM
I have never really used herbs all that much. Stomafilia is usually about all. I know I should use them, I just never remember to, because I can never play for too long and I would rather explore than farm for herbs, even though it would increase my life expectancy.

Grey
05-08-2008, 05:39 AM
I don't think I've heard of anyone winning without herbs, except maybe trolls or certain r/c combos that start with very high toughness. There are certain game areas you simply can't survive in without decent HP, and farming morgia is vital for increasing this.

gut
05-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Even when doing a limited turns challenge, I STILL
make time for morgia : )

Silfir
05-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I resent repetitive tasks just as much as you do. That's why I usually only bother with morgia to get toughness to over 20 (willpower too with a spellcaster), and if I have high Herbalism (wizards can train it to 100 in no time), you can farm shitloads of morgia in no time. The best thing about morgia is that it doesn't matter which status they are, and you can take them with you and have them work over time while still doing the fun parts (killing monsters and taking their stuff and such).

I think it's very well possible to win without herbs with some of the more powerful combinations (orcish barbarians for instance) but a gray elven wizard NEEDS morgia.

Smite
05-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I most definately agree - Gray Elves need Morgia