PDA

View Full Version : Trident of Red Rooster

Vertex007
03-09-2008, 02:29 AM
At the moment I'm playing a Grey Elven Wizard, nearing the end of the game at level 43.
I am not going for an ultimate ending, however I did save Khelvelaster.
What im wondering is that can you still get the Trident even if you arent going for an Ultimate?
Are there any pre-requisets for getting the Filk quest and so on and so forth?

Nearsighted
03-09-2008, 02:43 AM
Nope. No ultra-ending needed. Just snatch up the trident the usual way. Of course, if you're dead-set on getting some outside help on exactly what that way is I'd recommend taking a look at Andy William's ADOM guidebook. Still, though, I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't beaten the game before as it is VERY spoiler heavy and is likely to steal 100+ hours of enjoyment away from you. Your call, though.

Sradac
03-09-2008, 01:51 PM
there is an improved adom guidebook out there too, an un-official updated version of andy's book with a surprisingly high content addition, you can google it or yahoo it though.

Grey
03-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Most of the additions in the IGB are from code-diving though, which TB has said he doesn't want happening (or at the very least not published). Andy's Guidebook has quite enough information for most players. Overspoiling yourself ruins the game anyway.

mike3
03-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Most of the additions in the IGB are from code-diving though, which TB has said he doesn't want happening (or at the very least not published). Andy's Guidebook has quite enough information for most players. Overspoiling yourself ruins the game anyway.

I thought it was just that one could not go code-diving oneself and/or publishing the results oneself, not that one would have to run away and hide from others' publications.

Grey
03-10-2008, 01:04 AM
No, but I think it's hypocritical to follow the ban on code-diving yourself whilst reading up on other people's results.

Dougy
03-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Overspoiling? Now that's an interesting thought. Can ignorance be considered a blessing?

Orbic
03-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Of course!
Just look back and remember the bliss of finding out by yourself how to complete the basic quests, get your first Lev X character...
You MUST experience frustration of a (many?) stupid death(s) in order to get satisfaction from your progress - also applies elsewhere except for the stupid death bit.

ZeroTheBird
03-10-2008, 12:49 PM
I have died countless deaths of corruption just because i must go to the bottom of the cave.
because of that i have never gotten it. ):

Grey
03-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Overspoiling? Now that's an interesting thought. Can ignorance be considered a blessing?

Most definitely. Finding things out yourself is immensely satisfying. The first time I play through any game I always try to avoid any guide or faqs because they can really ruin the experience. When JADE comes out I personally think I'll avoid spoilers for it because discovering things myself will be much more fun.

heavensblade23
03-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Of course!
Just look back and remember the bliss of finding out by yourself how to complete the basic quests, get your first Lev X character...
You MUST experience frustration of a (many?) stupid death(s) in order to get satisfaction from your progress - also applies elsewhere except for the stupid death bit.

Roguelikes are hard enough even with spoilers.

The Metro Gnome
05-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Roguelikes are hard enough even with spoilers.

Unless of course you save-scum like me (most of the time) :D

Theym
05-12-2010, 01:59 AM
You do realize that this is from 08. . . . right?