PDA

View Full Version : Steel golems

Nezur
05-20-2008, 08:14 PM
So I suppose steel golems do not see invisible?

I'd like to be sure. I'm at the stairs of Darkforge right now. :)

DeSt
05-20-2008, 08:25 PM
They do.

(And why there is lover limit on characters typed?)

Jonas
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
they do see invisible, sorry...

just tested it...

[edit] lol, beat me to it

Nezur
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Ah, thanks. That was not mentioned in the guidebook and I couldn't remember either. Does the lot of golems near the stairs start moving if you immediately teleport away?

Grey
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Sometimes they mill about the stairs a bit. It is possible to teleport raid all the items in DarkForge, but it's risky. PV over 10, DV over 50 (two shields!) and HP over 60 might be safe enough to let you survive their attacks as you rush up the stairs.

Maul
05-20-2008, 09:10 PM
With your setup the only thing you can go wrong with is if you Berserk. :) (I think, anyways... if you just teleraid you don't come into contact with too many golems for too long)

Nezur
05-20-2008, 09:14 PM
I've got 37 DV on coward and 10 PV at level 12. I've got 79 hit points thanks to 18 To.

I saved the game while still standing at the stairs with only 1 empty square between me and the golems... Maybe I'll just have to show the white feather and get out of the filthy mess tomorrow.

DeSt
05-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Well, i usually raid DF just before Pyramid, ~15-16th level.
Before that - only if i found some penetrating weapon or Acid/Lightning Ball spellbooks.

With 79 hit points and 10 PV you can easily be killed with just one critical hit.

gut
05-21-2008, 12:03 AM
DV is by far the most important thing to consider
for a DF raid. You can sometimes even TP raid DF
with an exp. level 1 grey elven mindcrafter, so
I think your PC should be safe.

My technique is to first teleport to the armor room,
then the weapon room. The theory being that
since the weapon room is lower on the map, maybe
the golems will venture lower on the map as well,
making the return to the stairs safer. Whether that
theory is true or not, I do not know, but I always
do it : )

Nezur
05-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Better safe than sorry. I beat a hasty retreat. :)

Maul
05-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Of course, you should always remember: every time you rely on DV you take a (bigger) chance. If you have loads of DV - 1 critical hit and you may be gone and you can't really predict it. If you have loads of PV - assuming any number of attacks and criticals you will have an idea of whether you'll survive them. I myself prefer to stack PV up to the point where molochs and other high-hitting monsters may arrive - claw bugs exempt of course.