PDA

View Full Version : Tame monster

bolverk
05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
I know some tricks about tame monsters. Giving a bone to a large dog, giving iron items to a rust monster, or giving the berserker a wedding ring. But is there any other ways to tame other monsters? I know of scroll of familiar summonning butI'm not askingabout them:D

Grey
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
The biggest method is taming animals using music. You need the music skill and a musical instrument, and it doesn't work well without high skill, but it is possible to get certain reasonably powerful pets from it. However they still tend to be useless, and all pets will backstab their masters at some point unless you play a bard.

bolverk
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
I forgot to mention. I know about music and taming animals with it:) I'm playing dark elven beastfighter. And he doesn't have a Music skill. But still I'm curious about taming monstres without SoFS. My large dog can take out black dragon in wilderness, but it is already extremly expirienced as I read from its description in monster memory.

Siriah
05-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Wild cats and cave lions can be tamed with rat and giant rat corpses, and cave tigers with pieces of raw or fresh meat. I think fish meat works too but I haven't tried it. This is especially useful because you can then order them to fight to the death.