PDA

View Full Version : Where is Everyone From?

Baranor
05-22-2008, 09:14 PM
I know we have the Location on the far right, but some people don't have it filled out. Where are you all from?

I live in Seattle, Washington, United States

theotherhiveking
05-22-2008, 09:43 PM
In Archena, Murcia, Spain, UE, Europe, World, Milk Way.. [...] universe.

warheart
05-22-2008, 10:30 PM
As it says there on the top right, I'm from Baranain, Navarra, Spain.

Grey
05-22-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm actually from Ireland (lived most of my life in Dublin or Belfast), but have been living in different parts of Britain for the last few years. Currently in Manchester.

Baranor
05-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I think it's hilarious that only people with locations posted have answered. What are all the rest of you hiding from?

Scienceman123
05-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Massachusetts.

M_bowwarrior
05-23-2008, 01:37 AM
there is some site with an position of people (or places) on maps. it could be good, but I don't remember where I see this sort of 'useful" thing.

Dorten
05-23-2008, 04:23 AM
I think it's hilarious that only people with locations posted have answered. What are all the rest of you hiding from?

Maybe, they just fill location after they post here?

I'll do right that :)

Russia.

Shael
05-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Tho i haven written much here (lazyness is a bad corruption).
Im from Finland, Helsinki to be more specific.

yisk
05-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Ekaterinburg, Russia.
Or Simpheropol, Ukraine.

Altair
05-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm from Bangalore, India.
( BEWARE FOR I SHALL TAKE PEOPLES JOBS MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!)

yisk
05-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Do u play elefant hockey? ^_^

Shadow_2014
05-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey there. I've been playing ADOM for years and trolling the forum for awhile now, so I finally decided to make an account here and join in the fun. I'm from BC, on the west coast of Canada. But I'm currently backpacking through Germany.

Sturmgeweiht
05-24-2008, 02:30 AM
I am from Santiago, Chile :-D.

moppit
05-24-2008, 06:09 AM
Rochester Minnesota USA, but I used to live in seattle washington area :P

kupiko
05-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Currently Cork, Ireland but i'm originally from Kosice, Slovakia

Epythic
05-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Noone from Ancardia?

Grey
05-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Noone from Ancardia?

Nice place to visit, but I'd not want to live there.

reich
05-25-2008, 01:41 PM
I hail from Warsaw, Poland!

Shadow_2014
05-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Nice place to visit, but I'd not want to live there.

Actually, a good friend of mine is from the Drakalor Chain. Apparently it's a pretty multicultural area. A bit dangerous at night, though...

Grey
05-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Actually, a good friend of mine is from the Drakalor Chain. Apparently it's a pretty multicultural area. A bit dangerous at night, though...

I hear it has high immigration problems - people coming in from the Chaos Plane and stealing everyone's jobs (and children). Plus the weather there is very variable.

(Sorry, getting ridiculous now - I'll shut up)

M_bowwarrior
05-26-2008, 04:54 PM
IMPORTANT NEW !

I've created an account on google maps in order to create a map with location of adom & jade players.

site : http://maps.google.com/
account : leunamex-ADOM@yahoo.fr
password : ADOM&JADE
after you have a menu on the left to add in the map your location. It's easy to use.

place to "just" see it :
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=102644493482035360569.00044e31d2ac4549cca4a

please complete it

Dorten
05-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Hey, I found my house, but how do I add a pin to it?

M_bowwarrior
05-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey, I found my house, but how do I add a pin to it?

you have to select "my map" after connecting yourself with passwords and mail adress I've send.
the 'edit" mode (on the left ?) and after take a pin in the top of the map and "plug" it on your home :)
after don't forget to click Save AND Done.

strange, the map I have created have been deleted.

someone done a strange thing ? I've done another one :) if people have add themselves, they have to do it again.

Timpak
05-27-2008, 10:33 AM
I added myself =)

Oh I thought it would be nice if we all add what we do.

I'm 21 years old (born 87) and I'm currently studying my first term for a master in business and economics. The place I pointed out I live 2/6 of the time, 1/6 of the time I live at my girlfriends mom and 3/6 of the time I live at her dad. On my spare time I play adom, diablo 2 and spend time with my girlfriend. I'm politically active as a grassroot for a libertarian organisation and I love reading political and economical litterature. I'm also kind of a heavy drinker (about 2-3 bottles of vodka a week), have thought alot about having white periods but they never have happened and I guess they won't be happening either. I'm quite a party dude.

Overall I'm a pretty decent guy.

My main goal at the moment is gathering enough money to be able to get a financial advisory license (they cost about 3k euro atleast to get) so I can start my own financial advisory firm (I actually have the money but they're locked into a thing called capital insurance to avoid taxes). Already earn a bit of cash doing it to friends and such but I want to get it on paper so I can have it on my cv when I'm done studying, I'm pretty good at the stockmarket.

When I grow up my dream is being a quant in London or moving to Hong Kong.

Molach
05-27-2008, 11:06 AM
All in.

(these words are just to fill up message body to required 10 chars)

Shadow_2014
05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Oh I thought it would be nice if we all add what we do.

I'm 20 years old (birthday was in March) and at the moment I'm travelling. I spent the last two months backpacking through Germany. It's been my first time out of my home country, Canada. In two days I go back home. The day after that, I have my return party where I expect to get incredibly drunk, and the day after that I go see Iron Maiden with my four closest friends in Seattle. That will be my first time in the US.

Before I left I worked various jobs, my last ones were at a movie store and a bakery (Sometimes I work up to 8 shifts in a week). I've been working as much as possible to afford to go travelling. I also have a bit of a drinking problem. Usually I'm living in a place with two or so friends and our house is always known as "the party house". Each week we return about $50 or more in empty bottles.

Our last place we got evicted from a couple days after a party which got way too out of hand. When I came home from work there was a punk band and a stripper in our place, among various other things. The neighborhood wrote a petition against us and we got kicked out. I'm a really nice guy, but my friends and I do like a good party.

I broke my foot a few months ago and had to move back into my mom's place, which is why I put that down as my address on the Google account.

When I get back, I'm planning on doing a North American road trip for as long as a couple months, and then I'm going to settle down a bit and get my studies back on track. I'm thinking about doing either massage therapy or becoming an ocupational therapist.

So, what's everyone else's story?

Pustka
05-27-2008, 03:01 PM
im from Poland :)

im almost 24. curently im on second semester of master studies in computer science (2 more to go :) )

M_bowwarrior
05-27-2008, 04:31 PM
im from Poland :)
im almost 24. curently im on second semester of master studies in computer science (2 more to go :))

I've created an account on google maps in order to create a map with location of adom & jade players.

after you have a menu on the left to add in the map your location. It's easy to use.

place to "just" see it :
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...1d2ac4549cca4a

please complete it

Grey
05-27-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't think everyone wants their personal address viewable through a public forum.

Pustka
05-27-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't think everyone wants their personal address viewable through a public forum.

exactly :)

M_bowwarrior
05-27-2008, 05:48 PM
it's not really a personnal adress... it's a geolocalisation :D
and you know, in a building (if people are not in private home) there is looooot of people in the same 100 square meters.

reich
05-27-2008, 06:03 PM
I think you can just mark the city. But I don't know how to log in there!

M_bowwarrior
05-27-2008, 07:10 PM
I think you can just mark the city. But I don't know how to log in there!

ChaosMuffin
05-28-2008, 04:59 AM
I myself am from New Zealand, a lovely wee place - i live in the Capital - Wellington

PeanutGod
05-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Ha ha, its the Chaos Muffin! Been a while!

Myself - Slap bang in the middle of England. Woot! Woot!

Timpak
05-29-2008, 09:06 AM
I forgot to add one thing! I'm when of the few people in the world that listen to and enjoy speedcore.

Sidrick
05-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Western Massachusetts.

I'm older than dirt...or close to it (mid-thirties). Been playing ADOM for 'round about a decade, off and on and I've (still never won a game *grin*) Usually work as a kitchen manager, since I don't have the right degree I can't be a 'chef'.

Oddly enough, Timpak, I also enjoy speedcore, though I usually identify myself as a Rush FANatic :)

Nezur
05-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I forgot to add one thing! I'm when of the few people in the world that listen to and enjoy speedcore.

I like to listen to some furious speedcore at times as well. I'm also into terrorcore. :)

vogonpoet
05-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Western Massachusetts.

I'm older than dirt...or close to it (mid-thirties).

Wow, another ADOM child of the 70s? There was me thinking everyone was hopelessly junior (my lawn, etc).

My location is not where I am from. From is kinda complicated, but also boring, so I shall just say Scotland and be done with - although for Grey's information, I too have lived in Manchester in the past.

Grey
05-29-2008, 05:45 PM
vogonpoet, I'm gonna have to imagine all your posts spoken with a thick Glaswegian accent now ;)

PeanutGod
05-29-2008, 06:58 PM
PPfftttt Manchester.......everyone knows Liverpool is far superior to those damn Mancs....and its the capital of culture as well....

vogonpoet
05-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Like that means anything- Glasgow was European city of culture way back in the early 90s...
My accent is from somewhat further east though

PeanutGod
05-29-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm not knocking manchester, its just that since i spent 4 years in liverpool i was somewhat corrupted by the loathing they feel for each other. It's probably a very nice place!

Grey
05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
It's as nice as Liverpool I'm sure. Which isn't necessarily saying anything nice about either of them ;) It is a very fun, social city though, especially for a student.

Timpak
05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Interesting that more adom players listen to speedcore and terrorcore, which artists do you listen to? I mostly listen to Komprex & Frazzbass and noizefucker. Terrorcore it's mostly Evil Activities old mixes.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBGeSIEEvks adding a video so more people can discover this wonderful music genre.

Nezur
05-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Interesting that more adom players listen to speedcore and terrorcore, which artists do you listen to? I mostly listen to Komprex & Frazzbass and noizefucker. Terrorcore it's mostly Evil Activities old mixes.

I like Komprex and Frazzbass too. I also think Interrupt Vector makes great speedcore.

Terrorcore: D'Spyre and Hamunaptra for example.

However I've recently almost exclusively listened to SID music (e. g. Tel, Hubbard).

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBGeSIEEvks adding a video so more people can discover this wonderful music genre.

Great mix of tracks.

reich
05-30-2008, 09:20 PM

What on earth was that??? My ears!!!

Angelus
05-31-2008, 09:28 AM
What on earth was that??? My ears!!!

I think it's collectively called emocore. For emotionally underdeveloped teenagers.

Timpak
06-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I think it's collectively called emocore. For emotionally underdeveloped teenagers.

Emocore is somekind of metal that sounds like skatepunk in my ears. That is far from emocore.

mdrew93
07-07-2008, 04:21 AM
how come everyone speaks english???:confused:

yisk
07-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Its not necessary to have many brains to speak English on primitive level. :)

mdrew93
07-07-2008, 05:29 PM
i guess not.:D

LFk
07-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Diverse group!

I'm from the US.

I've lived in a few places: Atlanta, New York, New Jersey.

Currently in Baltimore, Maryland.

yisk
07-09-2008, 01:39 PM
But there is no one from Zimbabwe.

Tian
08-21-2008, 01:47 AM
its been a long time since the last time i posted here....

Im from Argentina, studing at UNS (Universidad Nacional del Sur), Bahia Blanca :)

Gabriel_Z
09-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm from Argentina too! I've waiting for JADE for a long time... Always in silence hehehe... I remember posted once in the r.g.r.a. group about the never completed postcard quest... by the way still uncompleted... :D

Well that's all for now!

Farewell!

Surmansuu
11-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I am from Finland! And I play adom only few hours a week. Which is nice.

BlkDucky
11-07-2009, 08:26 PM

Sounds like white noise, to me anyways. :P

Its not necessary to have many brains to speak English on a primitive level. :)
Heh.

Back on topic: South coast of England.

boris_pankov@inbox.ru
11-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Me from Russia. Me like Vodka and Balalayka. =)
To be honest I like to play guitar. I live in Moscow but I was born on the border of Europe and Asia in the place called Urals Mountains. Chelyabinsk is the closest big city to that place.

Hey Grey, I knew that you`re Irish!! I knew that =)
And Yes! If anyone from this forum want to drink vodka while being in moscow - lets do it together!

Moeba
11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Netherlands here.
Interesting, to see a topic from one and a half year ago back to activity :D

DumbleDoor
11-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I live in Hogwarts, Russia. Hogwarts got moved to Russia during the cold war.

Grey
11-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Hey Grey, I knew that you`re Irish!! I knew that =)
And Yes! If anyone from this forum want to drink vodka while being in moscow - lets do it together!

As long as we get to wear furry hats and call each other "comrade".

fazisi
11-10-2009, 01:32 AM
British Columbia, Canada. SWED.

Silfir
11-10-2009, 02:28 AM
As long as we get to wear furry hats and call each other "comrade".

My brother owns one of those. They are badass.

And way too warm for German winters, unfortunately.

pblack
11-10-2009, 03:33 AM
Brazil here.

Born in Sao Paulo but living in Sao Carlos.

And damn... if those hats are too warm for german winters then people's heads would explode here in brazil =P. And yes... we have winter, yes sir we do. Below freezing (literally...below 0 celsius) temperatures are very rare and only occur in the very south of the country. Here in Sao Paulo we think it's really cold when it's something like 10 celsius outside (not -10 celsius... that's ridiculous for brazil)

yisk
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
The speed of wind and the wetness of air is also important. -40 celsius in Siberia was easier for me then -25 here at Ural.

nathrakh
11-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I live in Finland and consider -40 coldish and -60 very cold.

Uagh just kidding. -20 would be cold and -30 very cold. :)

boris_pankov@inbox.ru
11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I live in Finland and consider -40 coldish and -60 very cold.

Uagh just kidding. -20 would be cold and -30 very cold. :)

I believe you because Grandfather Frost lives somewhere not far from your country =)
You call him Yollolopuki or something like that ))

Laukku
11-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I believe you because Grandfather Frost lives somewhere not far from your country =)
You call him Yollolopuki or something like that ))

You mean "Joulupukki"? :)

boris_pankov@inbox.ru
11-11-2009, 06:23 AM
You mean "Joulupukki"? :)

Yes! This is his name! Ruthless and Merciless Finland Grandfather Frost! :D

Chris
12-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Shameless bump, but I'm sure you're all dying to find out where I live.

I'm Romanian but currently live in Örebro, Sweden. First time I played ADOM was in Norway, and I got heavily into it while living in Finland. Since I've moved to Sweden I've managed to convince three of my friends (well... only two of them play it regularly) to play ADOM and that's when I knew they were friends worth keeping :D

gut
12-28-2010, 01:17 PM
> I'm Romanian

hey, isn't that where dracu- I'M KIDDING :D

Chris
12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Haha gut :)

I'm actually sitting in the room with my first Swedish friend and he reminded me how on the first day of school I got surrounded by people and they all kept asking me about vampires when they found out that I hail from Transylvania.

xan
12-28-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm Australian.

breeolson
12-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Hi kids im 73 like lil boys am gey
i live in ur closet haha no seriously meet me at my house we can have unprotected illicit sex

I hope that didn't offend anyone (grey and gut)

nathrakh
01-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Bad troll is bad.

grobblewobble
01-01-2011, 01:02 PM
This is where I live. Close to it, anyway.