PDA

View Full Version : Damn you, RNG!

Molach
05-22-2008, 08:37 PM
If you play to win, it will do it darnedest to s-crew you. But the opposite is equally true.

Here I am, having started a drakeling barbarian to test if it is possible to do the true berserking thing all the time and be successful. I somehow try on a hooded cloak, it is cursed, so I cannot fulfil my plan. Okay. That is fine. My bad, no RNG here. This was a week ago, character was just sitting in save-game folder while I couldnt be bothered to erase it. But today I decided to quickly test how big savefile you would get be doing the early game (VD, PC, UD, CoC to dwarftown). And I see this character, start him up. Just to test, right. I am in the UD, somehow, with healing, so I know where I have been, and that I just have to dive down and walk to CoC real quick. No problem.

So I just dive, not exploring any levels.

UD:6 - You feel A SURGE OF POWER. Ooooh. Just G-reat. Mes-Sem the grizzly bear. And what is that lying on the ground? Some kind of amulet? Ah. I can just walk around the bear and put it on? Though so. I see. Neat.

Guess that was the game's way of telling me to play this character after all. Even if I don't want to. Mabye I should sell the file on ebay?

NICE CHEAP char NO SAVE SCUMM NO COPY - UNIQ About to RULZ - ONLY $20

DeSt
05-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Love you, RNG!

Last drinked pool - Teleport control, Teleportities, +1 Dx, resistances(w/o confusion resistance...).