PDA

View Full Version : Please help my orc Barbarian

UnknownSoldier
05-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Hello,

I'm pleased to meet you all, as it is my first post on this forum.

My orcish barbarian has to kill an orgre lord for Thrundarr's first quest : where can i find one ?
I tried the ID up to level 15 then leaved due to corruption setting in... stiff muscles :(

Which level would be the most appropriate ?

spectre
05-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Hmm. That's a tough one, I mean both the corruption and the kill choice. Unfortunately, can't think of any guaranteed encounters with ogre lords at the moment, so your best bet for now seems the big room, if it's still unpacified. Sooner or later you should get one, but yeah, they're not that frequent.

You may try to do the pyramid, though, sometimes an ogre lord can be generated among the minions at the top.

Subconscious
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
In the ogre fort :p ...Just kidding.

I think I've faced the same problem before and I found one in the Infinite Dungeon but thats not good choise if you dont have 7LB or you have wasted too much time already.

My bets would be going CoC as deep you can. If I remember correctly the dungeon splits at D:14 or D:13 - Dont descend anymore when you find two stairways going down or otherwise you lose the animated forest quest and its reward which is very usefull.
Top of the pyramid is good place to find horrible monsters like Spectre said already, but its always risky if you dont have decent equipment such wands or spells.
Maybe the easiest way to find Ogre lord is to go the first level before the Dark Forge. Thats still very dangerous area, theres one Steel golem at the level and the place itself is heavily corrupting..

What I would do is continue playing without intensively trying to find that Ogre lord - You might stumble into one when you do other quests or level up your character.

Siriah
05-23-2008, 10:42 AM
You could try the cavernous dungeon levels above the Tomb of the High Kings. They have high monster generation and are a good place to find the more annoying quest monsters. You can even get the Ring of the High Kings while you're there. It might be a bit risky if you have stiff muscles though, because you'll easily get surrounded.

UnknownSoldier
05-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the advice, :)

I already did the pyramid : I had surprisingly little problem with Rehetep, but no ogre lord in his minions.

I think I will try the cavernous levels of the tombs of the high king rather than the big room. It will be easier not to be surrounded. My courage skill is not that big yet (forgot to note my first kill)

I hope I will get something to cure the corruption there. At least, I will be able to identify it as I got literacy from some dark sage corpse.

Evil Knievel
05-23-2008, 11:57 AM
If you go to the Mad Ministrel and have a quick look, you can find out about your 1st kill.

UnknownSoldier
05-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Talk about luck !

Within 2 minutes I went into the first cavernous level of the tomb of the High King, I got an ogre lord.

For the first kill, I just periodically went to see the old barbarian and he gave me courage after my second dive into the ID.

I'm going to go through the rest of Thrundrarr's quest, then the dwarven graveyard then...

Thanks for all the advice.

Grey
05-23-2008, 12:54 PM
If you go to the Mad Ministrel and have a quick look, you can find out about your 1st kill.

Uh.... what?

Evil Knievel
05-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes, didn't you notice the corpse lying around at the hut after receiving the quest from the old barbarian? I assume it is your first kill (as it was mine always). Be quick though, it rots away quite fast.

gut
05-23-2008, 01:01 PM
I thought that was just a rumor. Though it
would be sweet, to have the MM drop a a
nice juicy shopkeeper corpse!

Timpak
05-23-2008, 01:03 PM
My first kill with my avatar of order was a bandit and I am 110% sure there was an orc corpse and then later on a giant rat corpse at the mad ministrel.

Evil Knievel
05-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I never tried to find scientific proof, so you might consider it as a rumor. On the other hand, if it was a rumor, you should not have been told about it by the originator of the rumor, which I consider myself to be. This would contradict the definition of a rumor, being passed on and on, with its origin unknown.

Grey
05-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Just tested - it's officially nonsense :P Firstly it took many attempts for me to even get him to generate a corpse. When he did it was a kobold corpse, when an orc was my only kill.

The Man Minstrel drops corpses randomly, and they tend to be common corpses. So if you have a common first kill like a goblin or a giant rat, then there's a decent chance he might happen to drop a corpse of your first kill. Of course many enemies don't even have corpses, making the whole idea preposterous in the first place.

Evil Knievel
05-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Okay, then that's settled. However, what are these corpses about in the end?

Grey
05-23-2008, 02:06 PM
The Mad Minstrel is a bit mad? One funny effect is that he sometimes drops quite rare corpses - ever seen a gelatinous cube corpse for instance?

Baranor
05-23-2008, 05:45 PM
mmm, delicious Giant Slug corpse.

gut
05-23-2008, 09:03 PM
> On the other hand, if it was a rumor, you should not have
> been told about it by the originator of the rumor,

Agreed. Propaganda then? : )

Evil Knievel
05-24-2008, 01:06 AM
;) Never mix observation with interpretation while reporting data.