PDA

View Full Version : Sickness

FantomFang
05-26-2008, 05:08 AM
Quick Question: Does First Aid really apply automatically to fight sickness? Because it seems utterly useless applied manually, as it just keeps generating the damaging sickness messages.

spectre
05-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, The fts keep reappearing, sickness won't rest until it drops your HP below 1/2.
Obviously you're referring to the guidebook entry on First Aid, and I too am unsure what they meant by that.

I also tried use it this way, but at some point, I eventually fail a few checks in the row and end up with 1/2 health.

Perhaps, and I am not sure about this, FA may be used to create many messages "You're wracked by feverish fits", which should shorten the time you spend while Sick. Most sicknesses have obscenely high and totally random durations, so I was unable to check this consistently.

Silfir
05-26-2008, 09:43 AM
I was given the impression that every application of First Aid has a slight chance of curing the sickness, or at least shortening its duration, but there's no evidence for that. Hitpoint-wise, First Aid is mighty useless when sick, quite contrary to poison, where it might spell the difference between life and death.