PDA

View Full Version : Aged to death after closing the gate

Siriah
05-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Priest the Drakeling Priest, already at 'old' because drakelings have lousy lifespans and the priest undead destroying power is surprisingly ineffective, was on his way down from the Chaos gate, where he'd saved the lands from chaos after a long battle (Fistanarius was spat to death because my spells sucked and my missiles weren't trained)... When he was assaulted by the ghost lords from the unopened greater undead vault on D:46. He teleported away and the grim reaper killed him.

It's technically a victory, but it doesn't feel like that. The worst part is that I could have avoided it if I had waited for my speed to recover from the trip back through D:49. It was still at 17, which gave the ghost lords time to show up out of nowhere and do their ghost thing. Oh well.

Nezur
05-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Ow! You need to be more careful with ghosts. I have never aged to death (unless I've decided to quit anyway IIRC) but I can certainly imagine it happening.

Actually I'm currently attempting the Ultimate God Ending with a Drakeling Wizard. With only 13 Learning he does memorize spells poorly. :)

Siriah
05-26-2008, 09:59 PM
It's the second time this happened to me. The first was with an orcish healer who ran into a tension room of ghost lords in the Dwarven Halls, so I should have known about their tendency to do that.

13 learning sure is low, I imagine it doesn't help when increasing your skills either. At least reading all those spellbooks of Know Alignment that spellcasters keep running into will train it up a bit :P