PDA

View Full Version : Writing scrolls of Chaos Resistance does -WHAT-?

deepshock
06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
A mindcrafter, L17, with 131 HP, managed to die from the use of a normal blank scroll, with a normal magical writing set, to create a ?Chaos Resistance.

The damage dealt was 175.

Supposedly wizards have the best success with these scrolls, but I never expected a mindcrafter to be one-shot by the effort, even upon success. That is loony.

I'll just stick to identify scrolls the next time.

FantomFang
06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Yea, never experienced that myself, but hearing about it anecdotally i have avoided those things like the plague =p

deepshock
06-05-2008, 02:17 PM
To be fair, it got 131K points, making it 12th overall in the high score table.

Elone
06-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Using a blessed blank scroll will give you a blessed resulting scroll (if you have blank scrolls that stack, it may be easier to bless them before you write on them). Magical writing sets should always be blessed. Tested with Wizards mostly, if you use a normal MWS to write a SoCR, you lose the usual mana point and some PPs. If the MWS is blessed (and i think even the blank scroll that you work upon, possibly) then there is no stat loss and PP loss is minimal, or non-existent. If you plan to use your MWS, bless it. Period.

deepshock
06-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Using a blessed blank scroll will give you a blessed resulting scroll (if you have blank scrolls that stack, it may be easier to bless them before you write on them). Magical writing sets should always be blessed. Tested with Wizards mostly, if you use a normal MWS to write a SoCR, you lose the usual mana point and some PPs. If the MWS is blessed (and i think even the blank scroll that you work upon, possibly) then there is no stat loss and PP loss is minimal, or non-existent. If you plan to use your MWS, bless it. Period.

:) Thanks.

baby-eater
07-07-2008, 08:06 PM
My gnome necromancer has excellent luck with those, because he has an efficient method of getting back the 10 mana drained upon success, raise undead.