PDA

View Full Version : Champions

Worst Player... ever
03-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I recently got my first crowning ever...

My question is, now that I have it, how much do I have to toe the line in order to avoid becoming a fallen champion? Right now I am a champion of balance. Can I go to N-, N+, and the other permutations of neutral without getting penalized?

Grey
03-09-2008, 04:49 PM
NL and NC are fine too, but it's playing things riskily. Remember if you want to get back to N= from any shade of N you can just sac a lot of gold at a neutral altar. Amulets of balance reduce the alignment changes from lawful or chaotic acts, amulets of order/chaos can pull you up or down, and there's lots of lawful or chaotic acts you can commit for instant changes.

Worst Player... ever
03-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Well that's good news... I do have amulets of Balance and Law so manipulating my alignment isn't hard, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't need to wear the amulet of Balance all the time to be safe (I like to pick pockets).

Thanks. :)

Grey
03-09-2008, 05:04 PM
The surefire way to pick pockets without alignment change is to make sure the enemy is hostile. If it attacks you first then it's not a chaotic act to pick its pockets. If you do get some alignment drop then whipping yourself is often the best way to recover it.

spectre
03-09-2008, 06:36 PM
From personal experience, it is good to always have a means of rising your alignment at hand, for these times when you really want to do something bad, and get away with it.

I suggest:

Whip self-flaggelation is good, but may not work if your To gets too high (you need to damage yourself for it to count). Be sure to have a means of healing, as RNG is ever watchful. You can train First Aid as well. (-:

Having a companion nearby to heal is another way.

Co-aligned altar is probably the best - a few sacrifices and your alignment should near your god's viewpoint. The unfortunate thing is it's immobile (-:

ZeroTheBird
03-10-2008, 01:42 PM
almost all of my characters are Lawful champions. i have never fallen from my path by accident. only when i am trying something ridiculous like killing everybody in dwarf town. :rolleyes: