PDA

View Full Version : Arrows

SixtySixPixiStix
06-06-2008, 06:46 PM
My inventory has many single slots full of diverse and powerful arrows.
Is there any way I can just bundle them all into one quiver [bundle] and use that?
If not, why isn't there? It sounds like a basic need.

DeSt
06-06-2008, 06:49 PM
You can't, afaik.

Baranor
06-06-2008, 07:56 PM
The basic reason for that is so that you don't lose all of your arrows or what have you inadvertently to a door trap or some such nonsense. It also allows you to keep track of the different types of ammo you have. Demon, Humanoid and Dragon are super, super valuable.

reich
06-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Only the same types of arrows are bundled and this happens automatically. Those that don't bundle must be unindentified or have differents stats (to hit & to damage).

Silfir
06-07-2008, 03:40 PM
The game only stacks items that are the same in every respect.

Don't forget that you can navigate through your inventory with the keys shown at the bottom. For instance, you can press "=" to show rings only. That's a good way to navigate around without having to press Page-Down to get by all those annoying missiles.

I'd advise you to drop very small stacks of arrows and quarrels, especially single ones, unless they are very powerful. They aren't worth much in battle because you spend too many turns reloading if you do use them. Keep the large stacks to use when you have to go around killing large amounts of monsters, and the slaying ammo to use ONLY on bosses or very powerful monsters that qualify.