PDA

View Full Version : Greater Undead Vaults - How fun they are

PeanutGod
06-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Currently got a Dark Elven Wizard on the go. Found a greater vault. I was level 25 when I found it, now level 32. The only reason I tackled it........and am still tackling it...........Bracers of War were inside (I've got them now after a dumbass Lich king brought them to me.' Two Emperor Liches down, and I'm adamant to see what the weapon is. Found Ironfist so thats all good. I'll probably die, but I've become all stubborn and refuse to budge......

###
######################## ###########################.#
###......................### #............./............##
##..........................## #####/#############...........##
##..........................Y.## #.........# #...........#
##..............................## #.........# #$..........#
##........################......G.## #.........# #...........#
##.........#(............$#....Z.k..## #.........# ###########/#
#..........#..............#..H.Y.Y...#########.... .....# #.#
#..........#......$[......[..LG..mZ.Y..[[.!L.Y@...../..# #################.#
#..........#..............#..........#######Y##.## ##.### #.................#
##.........#$.............#...k..z..## #.##.####.### #..>..###########.#
##........################...G....## #[##........# #.....# #.#
##...........................G..## #####/##........# ####### #########.###
##..........................G.## #..[..##........# #...........#
##..........................## #.<...##........# #.........[.#
###.....................|### #(...*/.[.......# #...........#
######################## ################# #############

Ramirez St:27 Le:25 Wi:41 Dx:34 To:19 Ch:19 Ap: 6 Ma:41 Pe:28 L+
DV/PV: 71/31 H: 248(248) P: 3(618) Exp: 32/6047784 D: 40 M: 102224
Blessed Satiated

The two 'L's' that you can see there are 2 more EL's. It's tough going, but that which doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger.

God I must be crazy.

Silfir
06-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Get your ass out of there and regain PPs.

Apart from that, good luck!

Lich
06-10-2008, 01:53 AM
I hope the liches win

FantomFang
06-10-2008, 02:29 AM
How did you know that the Bracers of War were inside and that there is a third artifact, that of a weapon? Is there some rule about Greater Vaults that i don't know about?

PeanutGod
06-10-2008, 06:09 AM
I've cleared the Greater Undead Vault. it took me about 4 hours of play, but hell, it was quite an experience. Went in at level 24, came out at level 36. Not too shabby.

And to make things better, about 3/4 downstairs later, I came across another greater vault! This one full of giants (which fell over Oh so easily). And my rewards? Crown of leadership, soaker (yes, it sucks) and Natures Companion! Hell, was I chuffed!

Then the game crashed when I went onto the Battle Bunny level. After much ranting at Grey on MSN, he thankfully let me know how to get around it, although everytime I now step on the level, its.....one step....save.......load game......one step....save........load game. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BUG ABOUT?!

FantomFang - first two things I do when stepping on a greater vault level are:

1) Read scroll of Monster Detection
2) Read scroll of Item Detection

First is obvious, but the second lets you see what artefacts are lying in the vault. The BoW are unmistakable since they're yellow. And the others you just have to guess! My armour piece was Ironfist, and I could see a weapon lying in the other corner. Disappointed that it turned out to be the Hammer of the Gods, but after it gave me the BoW, I'm not going to complain too much!!

Silfir
06-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Oh yeah. That bug. I got it once too. Annoying as hell, but at least it's not fatal, which is always good news :)

Kudos on clearing that vault. I did a greater undead one too once, with a dwarven druid at level 50. The level advantage compared to you is probably offset by the lack of spell cost discounts, though... :P

Ars
06-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Greater undead vaults are maybe the most interesting battles to be had in the game. Liches are just so versatile opponents. Now I'd like to try clearing one with a melee warrior type, never managed that though I've only gotten to try it once, with a drakeling who got aged to death.

PeanutGod
06-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Hmm, managed to clear the error message. Went back to the battle bunny level, and picked up a two handed sword (after Grey mentioned it was some kind of item error). Seems to have cured the issue anyway.