PDA

View Full Version : Lucky very early drops

warheart
06-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Yesterday I made a new char, went to SMC and killed an orc. Went to the next room and found a Two-handed sword [50s]. Yet another light and cursed weapon, I thought (happened so many times already :P). But no, this time it was an eternium two-handed sword, and gotta say that thing does wonders when you're level 1 :P

So now I'm curious, anyone with really awesome items that early? (it was really the first item I found if you ignore the 2 SMC scrolls).

Timpak
06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I've noticed that you actually find adamantium or eternium two-handers in smc pretty "often". Otherwise the nice stuff my early chars find (below lvl 10) are in the UD. Adamantium and eternium eq, rods, aols, artifacts.

Iirc I had a troll once that went directly to the CoC, the first thing he found was a pool and the first sip gave him a wish, the level below I found slb. He was still lvl 1.

Silfir
06-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Beware of the eternium two-hander - it makes you think you're unstoppable, and sooner than you think you miss, the monster hits, and your measly low-level HP are suddenly eaten up.

Ars
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Beware of the eternium two-hander - it makes you think you're unstoppable, and sooner than you think you miss, the monster hits, and your measly low-level HP are suddenly eaten up.

This is very true. Having an eternium 2-hand sword is no reason to stick around in the SMC any longer than is absolutely necessary.

warheart
06-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Nah, actually I did what I always do, pick the blanket and leave SMC. And to be honest, I don't really like using 2 handers. Being a ranger, I will be using 2 weapons, but still that sword makes early game quite easier :)

Siriah
06-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I once found seven league boots on the second level of the puppy cave, which I'd entered immediately after generating the SMC. Other than that I tend to find good stuff in the UD. One character reached Dwarftown with two pairs of seven league boots, a crown of fire, a ring of djinni summoning and the bracers of war (random drop, not a surge of power).