PDA

View Full Version : Saved Game Cheating

electric_wizard
06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
The Improved ADOM guidebook makes reference to a severe luck penalty for saved game cheating.

If this is true, how does the game determine if someone is cheating? Furthermore, if it can tell when someone is cheating, why does it allow it?

DeSt
06-10-2008, 03:01 PM
ADOM makes CRC check every time you loads a savegame - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_redundancy_check
If it was edited -> penalty and special message.

electric_wizard
06-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Oh I misunderstood. I thought it meant that it would penalize people who were keeping backups of their saved games.

Grey
06-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Nah, just people that use memory editors and such. In older versions it's still possible to fool around with these. The "run out of luck" intrinsic really is insane by the way - rats will butcher you and take forever to kill, equipment randomly turns to dust, etc.

Soirana
06-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Grey, ever heard of Adombot? Old versiones, yea....

Grey
06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
I was thinking of WADOMF. Does Adombot allow save file editting? I've not actually touched it before.

gut
06-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Editing your .svg gives 'out of luck'.
Memory editors like gamehack (generic),
or AdomBot (specialized) will not give
that penalty.

Soirana
06-11-2008, 02:46 AM
honestly i've always "Q"uited chars touched with Adombot. But sum checks are not something imposiible to pass.

M_bowwarrior
06-11-2008, 04:25 PM
just a question for the knowledge: is there is any manner to modify by a software or anything else characteristics?

I'm curious to see a level 1 with 50-60 in one charac, and with alls skills and spells at max.

Just my "scientific" curiosity, because I don't think it could be to achieve that naturally.

Thanks.

Soirana
06-11-2008, 04:27 PM
one word: Adombot

p.s. it was sort of removed from internet, but nothing can be really erased from world wide bin

M_bowwarrior
06-11-2008, 04:34 PM
adombot ? could someone could tell me more about it ? (location in www, how to, which adom version, ...)
thanks

IGB
06-11-2008, 04:45 PM
adombot ? could someone could tell me more about it ? (location in www, how to, which adom version, ...)
thanks

That information is frowned upon. Yet another heroic old observation.

Soirana
06-11-2008, 05:10 PM
google ftw my friend.

link to geocities site was between top five results.

besides if IGB are you Pavel, please go back to oblivion you do belong.

Grey
06-11-2008, 07:58 PM
There's nothing wrong with Pavel being on the forums - not sure why he's hiding his name though. Let's not start unnecessary flaming here...

As for AdomBot, really, you won't find any help here with it. It's very creator took it down out of respect for TB's wishes.

IGB
06-11-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm not hiding my name, just don't see a reason to use it for a nick on webforum. Of course I am the "creator" of the Improved Guidebook (or thief if you prefer), the main protagonist of 4 year old flame war on RGRA, and no, i'm not interested in recreating those lenghty discussions, which were nevertheless IMO quite cultivated and entertaining - at least in relation to average Internet standarts.