PDA

View Full Version : Teleporting Dungeon?

Myatar
06-10-2008, 07:35 PM
So I'm kinda new to ADOM, and I currently have a level 8 fighter who went into a dungeon south-west of the starting towns. On the second floor theres a ton of teleportation traps. They follow a diagnal pattern, and I have gone over them all. I also have been getting a message involving a soul in pain, or something? Anyway, was wondering if you guys know if the floor I'm on usually has stairs going down, or what to do in general.

Also, I stupidly ate a harpy, and am now mute. I thought it would go away after awhile, but it hasn't yet. How do I cure this?

Maul
06-10-2008, 07:55 PM
So I'm kinda new to ADOM, and I currently have a level 8 fighter who went into a dungeon south-west of the starting towns. On the second floor theres a ton of teleportation traps. They follow a diagnal pattern, and I have gone over them all. I also have been getting a message involving a soul in pain, or something? Anyway, was wondering if you guys know if the floor I'm on usually has stairs going down, or what to do in general.

Also, I stupidly ate a harpy, and am now mute. I thought it would go away after awhile, but it hasn't yet. How do I cure this?

1. The soul in agony means a corruption trap. Seeing it 5x is a good indication of you getting a WMoPC... avoid. There is a small, hidden 1x2 room with a teleportation wand, and a staircase that teleports you away at first. Find this place (use a scroll of magic mapping or destroy the level) and then try going down. If you can't, just teleport around some more. Seriously. You'll see when you can go down. The stairs down, however, leads to the assassin guild. This place has the assassin prince, read up on it. <- select this for spoilers
2. It will go away. Alternatively, play mute. It's possible.

DeSt
06-10-2008, 08:09 PM
2. Or just pray if you has good piety.

electric_wizard
06-13-2008, 03:20 PM
I thought being muted was permanent. The only time I was silly enough to eat a harpy I ended up quitting the character. I must have played for a good hour after eating and still couldn't talk.

EDIT: how is it possible to play a mute? You can't get any quests can you?

DeSt
06-13-2008, 05:09 PM
EDIT: how is it possible to play a mute? You can't get any quests can you?

You can finish the game without quests.